Saturday, April 5, 2014

a (very) unexpected journey - my miscarriage / chapter 2


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths smooth."
Proverbs 3:5,6

...continued. Read Chapter 1 here

When Chelsea finally came home, I was bursting to share our big news. My frequent trips to the restroom those few days leading up to her return helped Geoff and I adjust to our new reality.

We couldn't wait to share the news with our kiddos. Understandably, Chelsea was excited to share all the details and photos from her trip. After over an hour of listening to our excited 15-year-old recant stories of living and working among the people of the Yakama Nation, I finally got a chance to sneak in, "So, we have some exciting news to share with all of you..."

The words were barely out of my mouth before Liam piped up with, "What? Are you having a baby?!?"

I think he was only partially serious, given the shocked look on his face when I responded with a stunned, "Um...YES..." (smile)

The girls were thrilled. In fact, one of them (whom to this day will deny it) actually teared up (cough*teenager*cough.) 

Liam, on the other hand, expressed a bit of apprehension about our family dynamics changing. As even-keeled as my boy is, it takes him a while to process change. Especially big change. 

I appreciated his honesty and assured him that while his dad and I were both incredibly excited, we had a bit of anxiety ourselves. In the end, it took Liam less than a day to come to me and assure me that he was very excited and felt better about the new changes we would be facing.

Meanwhile, his sisters were busy with discussing how amazing it would be if I was expected twins. As crazy as it sounds, I was secretly hoping the same thing. (Must have been those lovely pregnancy hormones messing with my level-headed thinking. Wink.)

Geoff and I both knew we would all have our own adjustments to face in the future. Big life changes are like that - even when they come in the form of blessings.

As I mentioned yesterday, this story will take me awhile to share. So please check back again soon to continue reading about the (very) unexpected journey God has taken our family on...

Until then, I pray you are doing well, my Friend. Whatever season you find yourself in, may you know without a shadow of doubt that YOU ARE LOVED

You may not feel loved. You may not even feel you are lovable. But, the reality is that God loves you. Truly. Deeply. Unconditionally.

You are alive, living the life you are living for a reason. You may not know what that reason is yet - but I assure you, there is a purpose for your life. An eternal purpose. 

Your life has purpose and value - to the One who created and loves you - and to those He has placed in your life. (Yes, even those thorns in your side. Grin)

May you find hope and encouragement to embrace today fully. And, I pray you will find rest and peace in the God who loves you with an everlasting and sacrificial love.

More soon...until then, KEEP LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

With grace and hope,

No comments: