Saturday, September 7, 2013

good to me


"I put all my hope
on the truth of your promise
And I steady my heart
on the ground of your goodness
When I'm bowed down in sorrow
I will lift up your name
And the foxes in the vineyard
will not steal my joy
Because You are good to me"
Audrey Assad, Good to Me

If you are unable to view the above video, please click here. Unfortunately, I was unable to find original videos by the artists of the two songs I'm sharing. However, I do hope you will be blessed by the photographs in the two I found. 

A couple of weeks ago, my oldest, Chelsea, and I were hanging out in our tent during our annual camping trip. I put on Audrey's song (above) and we both sang along. A sweet memory, indeed. Since then, the words have stuck in my mind and ministered to my heart.

This weekend, I find myself allowing my body and heart to grieve a tremendous loss. It's one that I had thought I would keep to myself. But God. He continues to give me the words, and the courage, to share. I'm not quite there yet, but I will share as soon as my heart allows. Until then, I wanted to share these two songs (see the 2nd below). I pray they minister to you, wherever you are and whatever you are going through. 

Every year we go camping for a week at our favorite lake with our close family friends. On the last night, all of the kids put on an annual show. This year, the parents got brave and joined in. Chelsea agreed to accompany me on her guitar (and with her beautiful voice) to give me courage to sing. Together we sang JJ Heller's song "Your Hands," a song that has ministered to both Geoff and I over the past several years. It has taken on new meaning for me these past two months. May you be blessed as well.


"I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That you would take my pain away...
When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands"
JJ Heller, Your Hands

If you are unable to view the above video, please click here.

May God's "goodness and mercy follow (you), wherever you go" and may you "trust in His promise." He loves you with an everlasting love.

"When (your) heart is breaking" may you trust that you never, ever leave your Heavenly Father's hands. He is with you - when life is good...and when life stinks. (Trust me. I know what I'm talking about! Grin.) He is there, always by your side.

My prayer for you, my Friend, is that God will minister to your heart and fill you with all that He is: peace, joy, grace, goodness, mercy and LOVE...and oh, so much MORE!

I am so thankful that my God is SO good to me. Always. May you feel and experience that goodness as well. There is truly no other way to survive in this world than with our Savior.

Keep pressing into Him and KEEP LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

With grace and undying hope,
 

No comments: