Friday, December 2, 2011

perspective














"So where does wisdom come from,
and where does understanding live?
It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing,
even from the birds of the air.
 The places of destruction and death say,
'We have heard reports about it.'
 Only God understands the way to wisdom,
and he alone knows where it lives,
 because he looks to the farthest parts of the earth
and sees everything under the sky.
 When God gave power to the wind
and measured the water,
 when he made rules for the rain
and set a path for a thunderstorm to follow,
 then he looked at wisdom and decided its worth;
he set wisdom up and tested it.
 Then he said to humans,
'The fear of the Lord is wisdom;
to stay away from evil is understanding.' "
Job 28:20-28 (NCV)

Sometimes we can spend so much time looking that we forget to really see.

 
Our eyes are open, but our perspective is off.

 
Some people may look at these photographs and wonder why I took them. The answer for me is easy. I see beauty in the simple things. The textures and patterns and places where every day life happens.

 
These particular photos I took a year ago, July. Geoff and I hired our favorite babysitter (Brea, WE MISS YOU!!!) and snuck away for dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant in The Pearl.

Afterwards, we walked around Portland and snapped shots of whatever caught our attention. Geoff's the true photographer in the family, but I have fun messing around. (I admit to being a bit ADHD when I'm behind the lens!)

 
As I look at the pictures, I can't help but wonder what God's perspective is on my current life situations.

His Word is full of verses that tell us to look and see.

 
Two particular verses caught my eye tonight:

 
"The Lord looks down from heaven and sees every person."
Psalm 33:3 (NCV)

and

"God looked down from heaven on all people to see if
anyone was wise,  
if anyone was looking to God for help."
Psalm 53:2 (NCV)


I don't know about you, but the idea of the Creator of the Universe looking down on me brings a smile to my face.

The second part of that verse really hits home. Because, quite honestly, I could really use His help with the challenges I have before me.

 
Today and every day.

 
I don't want to miss out on all that God wants to show me and teach me.
Some days, my eyes are wide open and my spirit is sensitive to His gentle leading and love.

Most days, however, I get stuck seeing things through my flesh and I miss out on all that He wants me to see. And hear. And know.

Sometimes, we just have to lift our eyes up and really look around at all that is really going on.

And always, always I think we need to remember that we have a Creator who is readily available to offer us help. All we have to do is ask.

Today I pray that God will give both of us His perspective. To view our challenges, our lives and especially ourselves through His eyes.

And, the courage to ask Him for help when the things He shows us feel too big or too heavy to face on our own.

May you know, my Friend, how truly loved and valuable you are.

Keep pressing into Love and KEEP LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Looking up,

No comments: