Saturday, October 2, 2010

when dreams come crashing

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed;
perplexed, but not in despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned;
struck down, but not destroyed."
2 Corinthians 4:8 (NIV)

My family is in the midst of an excruciatingly painful and difficult season. Our live had been turned upside down and the path we thought we were on turned out to be something very different. I struggle to find the words to express how much I am grieving and how much my heart aches.

Sometimes life just isn't what it appears to be. Sometimes God's plans don't align with our plans. Sometimes the people we love hurt us in BIG ways. Sometimes the people we love get hurt. Sometimes our dreams come crashing down and we want to throw in the towel and give up.

But God...

Is still sovereign.

Still loves us.

Grieves with us.

Understands our questions, our confusion and our human pain.

There isn't anything that He allows us to walk through that He didn't ask His Precious Son to walk through before us.

Suffering. Pain. Rejection. Abandonment. Betrayal.

He knows them personally. While He could have stopped Judas, he could have stopped the whips, he could have stopped the nails - He chose to sacrifice His one and only Son that we might have life eternal. Because He loves us.

One of my greatest joys in life is to express my heart in writing - but the stories that have been written on my heart this past year are too painful to express - at least not yet.

For now, I will simply share that my family is facing one of the most difficult storms one could ever imagine. Our hearts are bruised and bleeding and we have a long - new - road ahead of us.

This isn't at all where we expected to be. But God is not surprised. And He is trustworthy. And He is still in control.

I ask, humbly, that you would please cover our family in prayer - for wisdom, for guidance, for for strength and for healing.

And, I thank you, Sweet Friends, for your love, support and grace.

May God give you all that you need to fully embrace the present season you are in. Life is hard - but thank the Lord, He never intended for us to walk through it alone.

Together may we both keep pressing into Him and keep LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

In His love and grace,

12 comments:

We Are Family said...

MANY BLESSINGS as you go through this difficult time. HE is faithful amd mighty to save.

Isaiah 40:31

Chantelle said...

Oh Amy Jo, my heart is aching for you and with you. Our most recent adoption has been far more painful then expected and more challenging than we were fully prepared for. If you ever want to talk privately my email is GivenMuchMom at gmail dot com

strandfam said...

God is with you and He is for you and your family! Know that we are and will continue to cover each of you in prayer. Your faith and trust in Jesus through it all is such a testimony! May He continue to give you hope in His promises for each of your lives.
sending you love today!

Becca Harley said...

Amy - you are in our thoughts and our prayers. My life verse is Isaiah 40:31 - I pray that through this difficult time that you are going through you may one day soon be able to soar, knowing that He is ever by you side. huge hugs from here, becca

Joy Portis said...

All I know to do is to continue to pray. Once again your faith is a mighty testimony and without it, this would be unbearable! I sure wish I lived closer so I could come help and cry and pray with you! However, know I am doing that here! If you can hink of a specific way I can help, please let me know!

Love you all!!

Denise said...

Amy, I will be praying for your family. May you feel the beat of His heart and the warmth of His breath as He holds you tight in His embrace.

He is neither surprised or changed. He is sovereign. Cling to Him.

In His Grace,
Denise

Andrea said...

Amy Jo...Praying Praying Praying!!!

Ellie said...

Amy Jo,

My hear† aches for yours. Sending hugs and prayers :)

xo ellie

Girly Girl Mommy said...

Dear Amy,
You have been such an inspiration to me in many ways since I first found your blog quite some time ago. I'm so sorry to hear of the trials you face. Please know that I will pray for your family. You indeed are not alone.
~Kelly

cheryl said...

Dear Amy,

Its the first time that I have landed on your blog. I am sorry to hear about the trials that you are facing. In reading your story, the Lord immediately lead me to Psalm 23 verse 4: Even if you go through the deepest darkness, do not be afraid, for the Lord, is with you always. His shepherd's rod and staff protect you.

You're in my prayers,

Jackie said...

Praying for you and your family. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you.

Leebird said...

Lord,

Hold this family so close they can hear Your heartbeat, feel the breath of your spirit, and taste the salt from your tears. When your children hurt, you hurt. Please, Lord, keep this family snuggled safe in your arms. Keep their joy in tact because their names are written in Your book of life. Work through these trials to settle this family's heart even more into your own. Keep them on my mind and on the minds of others who can love through prayer and tangible acts of service.