Tuesday, February 2, 2010

gettin' ready for ET!

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,
his faithful love endures forever."
Psalm 136:1 (NIV)

I've spent the past few days doing something that has brought me great joy with each of my children - taking off the tags of their new clothes, washing them and folding them. It really helps make their impending arrival feel real.

It's definitely been a different process buying clothes for a boy who I've only seen in photos and videos. They tell me he's small, but some photos make him look like a typical 8-year-old.

In December, I picked out a bunch of clothes all in size small. And then I saw photos of him that made him look much older. So, I took those back in January and picked out new clothes in size medium. And then I received his actual measurements. Guess what?!? He's a size small! So, this month, I went back and picked out a whole new set of clothes. Whew! My favorite stores are seeing quite a lot of me.

Am I complaining? NOT AT ALL. It is an absolute joy to be able to pick out new clothes for my son who has been through so much these past years. I would just rather have him here at home where I can take him shopping in person. (OK, honestly, I want him home for some many more important reasons, but you get my point!) Soon enough, though! God's timing is perfect.

At home, I'm helping to prepare the hearts of my three children here as they start to realize that we'll be apart for awhile. As excited as they are to enjoy an extended sleepover with their good friends, they're starting to feel a bit anxious. Thankfully, they all know how deeply God loves each of them. This morning we spent some time remembering all of the ways He has been faithful towards our family. We prayed about each of their concerns. And, we recited our favorite memory verse:

"Don't worry about anything,
instead pray about everything.
Tell God what you need,
and thank him for all he has done for you."
Philippians 4:6 (NLT)

Sometimes faith comes easy, other times we have to dig deep. Wherever you are today in your journey, I pray that God would give you all the reminders of His faithfulness you need today. I trust that He will continue to pour out His love and graciousness upon you, Friend.

Let's keep pressing into Him and continue LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Enthusiastic for the journey ahead,

2 comments:

Kat said...

Brought tears to my eyes...thank you. He reminded me through you :).

Christy. said...

I just bought our little guy some clothes tonight... even though he has 5 tubs of clothes from his big brother! :0)

Praying you travel soon!!