Tuesday, February 2, 2010

blessings through others

"He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress,
and for his children it will be a refuge."
Proverbs 14:26

I'm so very thankful for my husband today. We have quite a lot going on in our lives. Through it all, Geoff has remained prayerful, stopping a few minutes before he heads out the door for work to pray with me. He thanks God for all of the provisions He has blessed us with. He asks God to help us be good stewards of those blessings. He prays that God will help us to see Him and hear Him in all situations. He asks God to draw us closer to Him. And, He lays our needs and burdens before the Lord.

Geoff's faithfulness to God has given us sure footing during this crazy adventure we're on. Even when bad news has come our way, he trusts in God's goodness. Even when I start to fret about Mesfin's well-being, Geoff reminds me that God is keeping our son secure. Whenever I feel anxious about the unknown future, my husband reminds me of all God has done so far within our family.

God is using Geoff to help me keep my eyes steadfast on Him and I am so very grateful. As he fears the LORD, he in turn, is providing safety and security for our family.

I am reminded again, what God taught me yesterday. God knows exactly what we need, exactly when we need it. Sometimes God calls me to be an encouragement and faith builder for others-while other times, God allows others to help me see His hand and heart more clearly.

Whatever season you are in, Friend, be assured that God loves you and has good plans for your life. Look for the blessings He brings your way through the people He has placed in your life.

Today, I am especially thankful to be LIVING A BLESSED LIFE! I pray you are as well.

With JOY,

1 comment:

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

It's encouraging to know you have a strong leader.
~ Wendy