Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentine's Day gifts!!!

Be My Valentine


There's not much I can add to Tom's powerful video. All I can think about is my son waiting in Ethiopia and his friends who are still awaiting forever families (and shoes...and shirts...and medicine.) If you haven't been inspired yet by Tom's ministry, start by watching this video and then check out his blog. His books are incredible and his heart blesses me to the very depths of my being. The best thing about his ministry is that there are countless, simple ways to get involved in the work he's doing.


Shirts for Shoes from Tom Davis on Vimeo.

I just did a little shopping myself...seeing as we'll be celebrating early here in the US...and then again on the actual day when we are half-a-world away!!! See my HUGE grin?!?

Several friends have asked how I'm doing today as we were supposed to be on our way to Ethiopia right now. I have to admit, I tear up a bit and feel sad, but really have a deep peace about God's timing and His good plan for my family. I'm thankful that Mesfin is in a safe place and being prepared for his transition to American life.

Our lives will all be hugely different in a matter of weeks and I'm really trying to make good use of this extra time. My priority right now is pouring lots of love and attention into my three blessings who are with me. And, I am so excited to be able to have my fourth blessing here to pour love into as well!

Thanks, my Sweet Friends, for being sensitive to our hearts and the painful wait!!! (For those still waiting, we are with you in the wait and will continue to pray you through to the other side!)

Today I am thankful for God's perfect timing in my life and pray that you are able to rest in His peace and faithfulness today as well, my Friend.

In Him, through Him and for Him, we are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Simply love.

2 comments:

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

LOVE how God is at work in your lives. Keep resting and trusting in Him and His perfect will and timing for your lives. Praying for you tonight and in the days to come.

God's Girl said...

Hi,
I just stumbled upon your blog and was so blessed to read it. I will be praying for you as you wait. I believe the Lord allows times of waiting because He can teach us things through that time that are otherwise harder for us to learn.
But most importantly, every detail is ordained by Him. I love how your trust in the Lord shines through in your writing.

Thanks so much for sharing!

All for Jesus,
Julie