a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in Him."
Nahum 1:6 (NIV)
I won't lie. It's been a really crazy and challenging couple of weeks. But through it all, God has remained faithful.
His timing may not be mine. His ways may not be mine. His priorities may not be mine. But I am His and that's really all that matters.
God knows exactly what I need and when I need it. He has every single detail of my life, and those I care deeply about, already worked out. No amount of stress or striving will make a single difference in His will for my life. But, it will wear me out. It will waste my energy. Most importantly, it takes my eyes off of Him.
As I look back over the past month, I'm left amazed and in awe of His goodness and faithfulness. Again.
Oh, how too soon I forget the incredible work He has already done in my life. I could choose to complain and be devastated when things don't work out the way I hope or expect them too.
OK, I did complain and I was devastated. But I have to believe that God was able to handle that and allow my flesh to wail for a bit before He swooped in and began working out the details.
And He did. Every. Little. Detail.
Isn't He incredible?
Through His love and graciousness, He has used these weeks to help me learn how to surrender my heart just a little bit more. He has shown Himself completely trustworthy.
And honestly, as humans, I think we need to have stinky situations in our lives to allow us to truly see that when all else fails, God will never fail us nor forsake us.
So, today, I thank my Father for answering so many prayers. I am praising Him for:
* The doctor calling my friend's husband with the news that he does not have cancer! The cherry on top? They are now able to continue with the adoption of their fifth child with peace in their hearts.
* Another friend having a successful hysterectomy to prevent the spread of cancer. Her positive attitude has left me truly humbled.
* Blessing us with a fabulous realtor/friend and her incredible team! They have invested their time, attention and prayers in helping our family sell our home and find a new one. Both home inspections went really well and we are extremely pleased to be moving forward towards closing date!
* Assuring us that Mesfin is in good hands at his care center. The director is a godly man who radiates love and joy. He has been kind enough to translate our email of love and reassurance to our sweet boy!
* Removing a few more obstacles in "M3" finally coming home to her family. (Please keep praying for them, Friends, it's been a long and heartbreaking journey for them.)
* Allowing us to love on and minister to 8 energetic K-3rd graders at church on Sunday. Granted, we were wiped after two hours, but it feels so good to have God using us to plant seeds of faith into the hearts of His children.
* Working out all of the details involved in moving our trip to Ethiopia - childcare, plane tickets, guest home, etc. He has provided the extra funds required and moved mountains to get the necessary changes completed. It's been far from easy, but as of today, we're good to go!!!
* Finding us a home that goes above and beyond our wish list while still meeting our budget. It's an amazing story that I promise to tell soon. For now, I invite you to enjoy the view from a winery located about 1/2 mile from our new home. Funny enough, we had no idea that our current home was so close to such incredible beauty. We are really looking forward to lots of exploring and photo-ops.
* Blessing us with so many precious friends who have commiserated with us, supported us, encouraged us and prayed for us. We are so, so grateful for each and every one of you. We are humbled by your love and kindness and pray that God blesses you abundantly!
As I look over my list of thankfulness, I'm reminded of why it's always better to bring my concerns before the Lord and allow Him to work out the details.
Friend, if you are carrying the weight of the world upon your shoulders today, may I gently encourage you to take each and every one of your burdens before the Lord and lay them down?
He's promised to meet each and every one of our needs. And, He's promised to never abandon us. We can trust that His plans for us our good and that He will work out each and every detail of our lives. No matter how big. Or, how small.
Today, I am extremely thankful for God's faithfulness and love. It is in Him, through Him and for Him that I am LIVING A BLESSED LIFE! I pray you are as well.
With hope & JOY,