Wednesday, December 16, 2009

truly wise

"The LORD looks down from Heaven
on the entire human race;
He looks to see if anyone is truly wise,
if anyone seeks God."
Psalm 14:2 (NLT)

I love sitting at the feet of my Master. This morning I woke up at 4:45, feeling giddy for all the adventures 2010 will bring. Most especially, my new son HOME! I knew it was going to be a long day, so I tried my best to put the thoughts of my ever-growing list of "to-do's" on hold and go back to sleep. Didn't work.

So, I brewed a cup of coffee and pulled out my Bible. Unfortunately, my kids were excited for their day to start (friends were coming over,) so they decided to wake up early. BUT, the fifteen minutes of quiet I received were especially sweet this morning.

A couple of years ago, my sweet friend, Sarah, shared her love of the Psalms with me. She invited me to pray through the Psalms, one a day, along with her. Since then, Psalms is usally the first book I turn to when I open my Bible.

Today, God drew my attention to Psalm 14. Many times, I think the second verse made me cringe because I didn't have God's perspective on what David was saying.

As I allowed the words to wash over my spirit, I began to understand that a truly wise person is one who seeks God. When I seek God I am looking at Him. A truly foolish person (which, unfortunately, describes me on too-many-a-day) turns away from God.

When I am looking towards God, I am bathed in His light and able to see Him, myself, and my world clearly. When I turn away, my vision is clouded by darkness. That is when I stumble and fall.

When I am looking towards God, I am assured of His presence. When I turn away from God, I begin to doubt His existence, and believe the enemy's lies.

When I am looking towards God, His love completely fills me. When I turn away, my flesh takes over and I feel abandonded and alone.

The reality is that when I turn away, God is still there, He still loves me and I am forever His cherished child. The darkness blinds me and my flesh fails me, but God will not. He is trustworthy and true. His love never fails. In Him, I am truly wise.

Have you had a chance to sit at your Master's feet today, my Friend? If not, I encourage you to grab your Bible and find a quiet place to meet with Him. He's still there and He always loves you. No matter how many doubts and fears are filling your thoughts.

God is good, all the time, and He loves you, with an everlasting love!

Choosing to seek God and not turn away allows me to keep LIVING A BLESSED LIFE! Praying you are as well. :-)

In His presence,

2 comments:

Kat said...

:)Nothing like setting at our Master's Feet....

Becca Harley said...

definitely needed that reminder today! Thanks so much Amy
Becca