Tuesday, December 15, 2009

introducing Mesfin!!!

"Faithful is He that calls you,
and He will also bring it to pass."
1 Thessalonians 5:24

A friend shared this Scripture verse with me this morning before our agency called. It is most definitely fitting. God is true to all of His promises.

It is with great JOY that we introduce our new son, Mesfin Berhanu!!! It took three different court dates, but last night, while we slept, we passed court!!!

God is SO good!!! We are so thankful for this incredible adventure God has brought us on and know that it will only get better!

We should know our court date next week and hope to travel to Ethiopia mid-to-late January to bring our precious boy home.

Don't you just LOVE his big, beautiful eyes?!? I told you it would be worth the wait. If only you could hear his sweet accent. :-)

We are thankful to have had several friends travel this past year and meet Mesfin. One of them asked him if he wanted to keep his Ethiopian name, or if he wanted an American name as well.

We still have to confirm with him in person ourselves, but at this point, our plan is to name him Luke Mesfin Ivey. Our desire is to welcome him into our family and do all that we can to keep the memory of his beloved birth parents alive for him.

We are just so full of joy and thankful for God's blessing of another precious son.

More photos and news will be forthcoming, but I couldn't wait another moment to share our exciting news!!!

We are so very thankful to all of you for your faithful and persistent prayers!!! May God bless you abundantly. Especially those who are going through difficult seasons or waiting for good news yourself. In the midst of our joy, our hearts are aching with you for breakthrough and healing.

You are loved and treasured, my Friend!

God is good, all the time, and I am LIVING A BLESSED LIFE! May you experience the richest of His blessings this Christmas season.

A smiling new Mommy,


24 comments:

Blog Owner said...

MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR FAMILY AND MESFIN! I hope we can possibly meet eachother in ET. You are right, God is good--ALL THE TIME.
Carla

Eryn said...

AWESOME!! congrats!

Kat said...

God is SOOO good! Congrats on your beautiful son!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

emily said...

Praising the Lord for His goodness. Beautiful son!

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

He is a handsome young man. What an honor to be given the gift of parenting this one - you have been entrusted with a great responsibility.

Rejoicing with you and your growing family!

Shalom,
Denise

CHRISTY said...

Amy,
Congratulations on passing court! I remember that phone call like it was yesterday.
I noticed you left a comment on my blog asking about the Bejoe house. I don't know if they have a website, I know they didn't last year when we went. But I will tell you that we had a pleasant experience there last Jan. I wrote some details about it in this post on my blog:
http://aquiverfull-christy.blogspot.com/2009/01/bejoe-house.html
Feel free to e-mail me with specific questions at christy@faithnc.org
Blessings to you! Christy

Jennifer said...

Oh Amy Jo I am so excited for you! Praise the Lord, great things He has done! Mesfin is just precious and I'm so pleased to hear that as you slept, God was working wonderful things on behalf of your family and your new son. What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Andrea said...

woo hooo!!! Congrats! What wonderful news! ;o)

chicknboy said...

yahoooooooo!!

LOVE seeing that precious face FINALLY on your blog. :)

Amy said...

Mesfin is BEAUTIFUL!! I am thrilled to finally be able to picture him when I pray for him and your family! What a wonderful, long awaited blessing! We just received our own Ethiopian referral last week and so it does my heart good to see you at this point ready to travel- it really does happen!! Praying that blessing upon blessing will be heaped upon your family. God is good ALL the time!! Love you!

Football & Fried Rice said...

YOUR SON YOUR SON YOUR SON YOUR SON!!

What a humbling time of year to be blessed with a SON!!!!! A miracle for sure - just as mary experienced some 2,000 years ago.

You are RIGHT - seeing Mesfin's face was SO worth the wait...those eyelashes - can I borrow some?????

Rejoicing in the Father with you tonight, Amy1

Love,
Sara

momma2many said...

Congratulations Ivey Family ~ What a beautiful, beautiful boy Luke Mesfin is! You could fall in and drown in those gorgeous eyes! Praying that the rest of the journey to getting him is QUICK and uneventful <3 Regina

Becca Harley said...

Congratulations! So excited for you all! We just signed our adoption contracts today and I cannot wait to be able to post an entry like yours! Will be praying for you as you travel! Love in Christ, Becca (my blog is - ourjourneyto6.blogspot.com)

Pam said...

Amy, Congratulations! I am THRILLED to finally see your sweet boy's face posted on your blog!!! God is faithful and soon, Luke Mesfin will be with his precious family.

Jocelyn-Chris said...

He's beautiful! Can you say that about a young boy? Wow, congratulations.

Beth said...

I have seen those beautiful eyes (and face, and smile) but it was not "official". Now it is oh so sweet to look at that face and know he has a family coming soon! Not just a family but an awesome family. I am so excited and can't wait to see him at home with his brother and sisters. too.

Guard Wife said...

Congratulations again, my friend! I am so very happy for you!!!

Christy. said...

AMAZING!!! Congrats!! He is adorable!

TanyaLea said...

OMGoodness AMY!!!! He is incredibly, handsomely, beautiful! I am SO happy for you...what a wonderful gift to receive this Christmas. Thank you for sharing your joy with all of us!! It won't be long now and your son will be home...2010 is going to be a GREAT year! And that scripture from I.Thes. is the best!! The Lord gave that scripture to me several months ago through The 700 Club and I have been standing firm on the promise of that word ever since! God is GOOD!!! <>< BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

Ellie said...

Congratulations Amy Jo and family! Mesfin is just gorgeous, and that smile melts my heart, I cannot imagine how it makes your heart feel! Big HUGS!!!!

xo ellie

KT said...

YAHOO!!!!! Rejoicing with you! OH, my his eyes!!!! Can't wait to "travel with you" to bring him home to his forever family!! Praying for you as you enter a new phase of the wait. Blessings!!! I have to say it again "YAHOO!!!!"
Katie

Jenni said...

Congrats to you on your new beautiful son!! Godspeed as you bring him home!

Girly Girl Mommy said...

AmyJo, Your sons delightful picture was indeed so worth the wait! What expressive eyes he has. I just love how God used that piece of scripture on the morning of your good news. Our God is faithful and it just fills my heart with joy to see His promise to your family one step closer to fulfilment. So excited to follow you to ET in 2010!!
~Kelly

Lisa said...

I am wondering if this was one of the little boys from my daughter's orphanage. I am quite positive that was his name as well! I will look through my photos right now and check. Was there in june and Sept.