Monday, November 30, 2009

trapped?

"When Pharaoh let the people go,
God did not lead them on the road
through the Philistine country, though that was shorter.
For God said, "If they face war,
they might change their minds and return to Egypt."
Exodus 13:17 (NIV)

God always knows what's best for us, and I am so thankful for that. It's a truth I've needed to hold on tightly to lately. Like the Israelites, I've felt trapped with seemingly no where to go.

While my circumstances are quite different, I can relate to how they must have felt as the Egyptians closed in behind them with only the Red Sea before them. They had no way out.

Did God made a mistake? Had He brought them out of captivity, only to abandon them? What about the promises God had made? Death seemed their only option. Was this really the end?
NO. God had greater plans for His children. Just as He did for His Son, Jesus, on the night He was betrayed and crucified. What often seems like the end is simply the beginning.

I am so thankful to be reminded of God's brilliant performances throughout history. Granted, His ways don't always make sense to me. Oftentimes, they seem to be far more complicated than my human mind can comprehend. However, His ways are perfect and they are always for my own good and His glory.

Not only did God protect the Israelites, but He completely destroyed their enemies. The same miracle that delivered God's children also defeated the Egyptians. How's that for brilliance?

So, today, as I come to the end of myself, I realize that I can only sit on the beach crying and complaining for so long. I have two options. I can either head back to Egypt and remain in captivity -or- I can choose to press forward in faith, trusting God will make a way through my own Red Sea.

These seasons of struggles can be so very hard. It's important to remember that pain always serves a purpose.

In God's economy, no pain is ever wasted. He delights in growing, refining and healing His children. The way is sometimes incredibly difficult and the process can feel oh-so-long. But, the good news, is that God is doing a mighty work in and through each one of us. He loves us and has good plans for us.

Keep pressing into God, my Friend, His faithful love will always bring us through. We may feel trapped, but the reality is that God is on the brink of bringing us amazing breakthrough and deliverance.

Today, inspite of my struggles and pain, I am LIVING A BLESSED LIFE because my God is a mighty God!

Stepping into the sea,

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I needed that today!!