Thursday, November 5, 2009

promises

"...You know with all your heart and soul
that not one of all the good promises
the LORD your God gave you has failed.
Every promise has been fulfilled;
not one has failed."
Joshua 23:14 (NIV)

This is the Scripture verse on my calendar for today. I flipped the page, read it and felt an immediate peace come over me.

God's promises have never failed. Not one.

As I read through both the Old and New Testament, I'm astounded by all of the promises God has made. I'm even more astounded that not a single one has failed.

It's important to remember that oftentimes, God fulfills His promises in unexpected ways.

It's also important to remember that God fulfills His promises in His timing.

We need to remember that when our human flesh becomes impatient and expects instant answers.

We need to remember that when we feel as though God is ignoring us.

And, we especially need to remember it when we feel as though He has completely abandoned us.

God loves us, Friend. He has good plans for each of us. His promises never fail.

Today, I am especially thankful to be LIVING A BLESSED LIFE.

Expecting God's faithfulness today and tomorrow,

7 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Me, too!

mommy24treasures said...

AMEN!:):)

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

There was a time when His promises felt like they were teasing me. But eventually I came to discover it was just how I was receiving them, not how He was giving His promises.
~ Wendy

chicknboy said...

what a great Scripture to meditate on today. ~thanks for sharing. :)

Andrea said...

Amen!!!

Jennifer said...

So true! I'm so thankful to worship a God that I can trust, that I know loves me more than I can comprehend.

Keri said...

I just read your sidebar and saw that you listed that you are praying for our Mei Mei. Thank you so much for that. Praying for Luke too.

Keri