Tuesday, November 24, 2009

not yet

"Know therefore that the
LORD your God is God;
he is the faithful God,
keeping his covenant of love
to a thousand generations
of those who love him
and keep his commands.
Deuteronomy 7:9 (NIV)

So, it didn't happen today. Our adoption agency called around 10:30 to let us know what we had suspected. Whatever delays happened last week affected the scheduled court dates this week. Ours has tentatively been rescheduled to December 20th.

Not much to say. We're all incredibly disappointed and sad. But God is faithful. We're holding onto our firm belief that His timing is always perfect.
I was hoping to post our big news today along with official photos of our new son. I will, I promise. Just not yet. Instead you can see how beautiful it was down at Cannon Beach, OR.

After the call came, we decided a beach day was much needed. God surprised us with a summer-like day in the middle of Winter! Who would have thought?!? A little ocean are and playtime on the beach was just what this family needed. Hopefully next time, we'll have one more Ivey along for the day!

Taking a break in our regular routine gave me some much needed time to refocus my spirit. God reminded me of how faithful He has been to my family.

When we traveled to China in 2006, we had of course, hoped to travel earlier to receive our precious daughter. But God had other plans. Miraculous plans that required us to travel no sooner and no later than November. We were able to visit Sweet Sara's finding spot. Not only that, but we were able to meet the two people who first found her and interview them on video tape while our guide translated every single precious detail.

I'm sad, truly sad, because I really want my new son home safe. I want to wrap my arms around him and reassure him that we are real and that we will be his forever family. I long to see my husband meet him for the first time and watch that bond begin to grow. I can't wait to see him get to know Chelsea, Liam and Sara. They are so anxious to bring him home. And we will. Just not yet.

In the midst of my sadness and disappointment, I need to remember that none of this is about me. God is in control. He has good plans for all of us. And, He has every single one of our needs and our son's needs taken care of. It just looks different than I expect it to at this moment.

Friend, if God doesn't appear to be answering your prayers or responding as you would hope, I understand. I know how very hard it can be to wait and hold onto your faith. I just want to encourage you to keep pressing into Him and trust that "all things work together for the good of those who love Him." (Romans 8:28)

He's got us covered. This will all work out. I just know it.

On behalf of my family, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your faithful prayers. You have no idea how much your love, support and prayers have blessed us throughout this journey. May God bless you abundantly!

God is good, all the time. For His glory alone I am LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Keeping the faith,

4 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Thinking about you and praying for your family a ton today. So glad God gave you a beautiful time together as a family. Praying for Him to open the gates of heaven in his perfect timing for your family to be all home.

Ellie said...

Amy Jo, I'm sorry. I know it hurts to have to wait to be with your son and to have the date delayed is painful. The beach photo is just gorgeous, how blessed you are to live in such a beautiful area :)

sending hugs :)

Jennifer said...

Oh, Amy Jo, I am SO sorry. I had been praying that all would go well yesterday. But you're absolutely right, God knows, and His timing is perfect.

"In the midst of my sadness and disappointment, I need to remember that none of this is about me. God is in control. He has good plans for all of us."

This is exactly what I've been needing to remind myself of and focus on these last couple weeks as we've had a major curve ball thrown our way. It's often a difficult thing to remember, but it is Truth, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Blessings to you and your family. I'll continue to pray for you all and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Guard Wife said...

We are definitely in this together, Friend. I had so hoped that this would work out for you this week, but am already on to praying that next month will be THE month for BOTH our families!

{{Hugs}}

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!