Tuesday, November 3, 2009

beauty will rise

"Out of these ashes
Beauty will rise
And we will dance among the ruins
Out of this darkness
New light will shine
And we'll know the joy that's coming in the morning"
"Beauty Will Rise"
Steven Curtis Chapman

While I don't use this word very often, I absolutely hate to see other people hurting. Especially when the source of their pain is either the loss or suffering of a precious child.

Like so many others around the world, my heart broke when I learned of the Chapman family's devastating tragedy.

Not only are they grieving the loss of their beautiful daughter, but they are also helping their beloved son heal and recover. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they have walked through.

The family has been very open with their grieving process and healing journey. They have shared their complete brokenness, but they have also continued to trust God as He walks with them through their intense sadness and grief.

I just received an email announcing the release of Steven's latest CD, Beauty Will Rise.

I had to smile when I listened to the preview of the CD. God was just speaking to my heart yesterday about His promise to bring beauty from ashes.

You see, I've been a parent who has watched a child suffer. I've experienced complete and utter brokenness. And God came through. The journey was long and hard, in fact, it's one we still continue to walk.

I would never choose suffering, especially for my precious child. And yet, God has done a deep and mighty work within my family.

He has performed miracles and showered blessings upon us that we otherwise would never have known.

God has used our pain to minister to others. He has used our story to prevent other children from suffering. He has allowed our experience to grow a deep compassion within us, that we might give hope and encouragement to others.

Our experience is nowhere near what the Chapman family has gone through, and yet, I know what it's like to have my world come crashing down around me. I know how extremely difficult the journey of grief can be. And, I know that God never allows pain to be wasted. When we trust Him to be our Healer, new life begins to blossom in ways we could never have imagined.

I've recently found myself in another difficult season. I needed God to remind me in a tangible way of where I've been and what He has done for me. Reading about Steven's thoughts about his new CD reminded me again that I can trust God, especially on my darkest days.

I'm so thankful that death is not the end. It doesn't take away the pain, but it does give us hope for the future. Hope for our King's return. Because He will return. And, when He does, all things will truly be made new and all pain will be redeemed.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain,
for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:4 (NIV)

Until then, let's continue to press into God for all that we need. We can trust Him with our pain and believe that He has good things in store for each of us.

God uses the suffering we experience in this life to refine us, stretch us, grow us and bestow upon us unbelievable blessings. (I promise!)

Friend, God's love will bring us through. Whether you are in a season of suffering and loss, or experiencing a season of peace and joy, God is still God, and He is good.

Good days or difficult days, in Christ, we are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Now, off to buy that new CD,

3 comments:

TanyaLea said...

What a beautifully written follow-up to your previous post. I'm excited to listen to SCC's new cd...I didn't realize it had been released. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya

Blog Owner said...

This is a beautiful post, Amy. I am anxious to get SCC's new cd, but a little scared to listen. I just read a few of the thoughts/questions he wrote down on his website and I can't even tell you how many times I've asked God those same questions. And like Steven says that he knows that God knows that he loves him, but he just has these questions. I feel like that. My love for God remains; but now I fear him, and what he's capable of allowing, and that's not good. I am praying for help with that, because I know that is the enemy and not God giving me that fear.

Okay, about sweet M, I bought him a size 6, and if you can remember, he swam in those clothes. I am so excited for you and your family, and of course for you know who. I will be praying for a PASS.
Blessings,
Carla

Amy said...

Amen- beautiful. Amy