Friday, November 13, 2009

no need to worry

"Be strong and of good courage;
fear not, nor be afraid of them:
for the Lord thy God,
he it is that doth go with thee;
he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."
Deuteronomy 31:6 (KJV)

This morning, I started thinking about the different challenges I am facing. All together and on my own, they feel incredibly overwhelming. Too big.

As I opened my Bible, I found myself reading again about how capable and powerful my God is. Nothing is too big for Him. Nothing is impossible.

As humans, we do a really great job at worrying, stressing and striving. But is any of that really necessary?

God is BIG. All we have to do is look at this incredible world we live in and how glorious His creations are. Look at how unique each and every one of us are. His creations are complex, but none of us are too complex for us.

I felt God reminding me that nothing is too difficult for Him. No matter how big of a mess I've made in my life, no matter how intense the struggles feel, He can handle it.

My job? Again, it's simply to surrender all of my worries and needs to Him and trust Him to take care of all of the details. He's a good God and we can trust Him.

As we press into His love for us and believe in His goodness, we can't help but find we are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

God is SO good,

3 comments:

Deborah Ann said...

Good thought for the day, Amy Jo! Surrender is the sweetest way to gain the victory!

Jennifer said...

AND He loves us SO much!

AMEN! And praise the Lord!!!

ellie said...

Thank you for sharing - this is so encouraging :)