Thursday, October 29, 2009

we got it!!!

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the
east and gather you from the west."
Isaiah 43:5

Wouldn't you know, just shortly after I posted yesterday's blog, God answered one of my biggest prayers?!? His timing is always, always perfect.

Today our agency called with news of our court date! If all goes well on Tuesday, November 24th, Luke "M," will be forever our new son!

Oh, how I wish I could post his Ethiopian name and beautiful photo, but soon enough!

As only God can do, our court date falls right around the same date that Sara became our forever daughter three years ago. Amazing, eh?

We still have some hurdles to jump and we would greatly appreciate your prayers. "M" has an uncle who is unable to raise him. He will need to travel from the region of Soddo to Addis Ababa in order to attend court and sign off on his nephew's adoption papers. I can only imagine how difficult that decision has and will be for him.

About 50% of the court cases fail the first and second time due to incomplete or incorrect paperwork, so this is another prayer request.

Finally, all children are required to have updated medical tests prior to their travel to the US. Please pray that our sweet boy stays healthy and does not have any medical complications.

If all goes well, we should be able to travel early in January. I can't think of a better way to start of 2010, can you?

To all of you waiting for referrals, court dates and travel, please know that I continue to pray with you.

For those of you who feel a tug on your heart to make room in your hearts and home for an orphan in need, listen to your heart! :-) God will never require more of you than you can handle and He will be with you every step of the way.

For everyone else, please keep praying with us for the 147,000,000 (plus) children worldwide in need of a family and home. There are countless ways that all of us can make a difference in the life of a child. No act of love is ever too small to change a life. Let's all rise to the occasion, because together, we can make a difference.

Whether God answers your prayers today, tomorrow or next year, He loves you immensely and has so many blessings to bestow upon you.

(Side note: The photo above is so very precious to me. In 2006, God introduced me to 15 amazing women. Together we embarked upon the adventure of a lifetime when we all adopted daughters with medical/physical needs from China. Although a few of the girls required surgeries and/or ongoing medical care once they were brought home, many of our girls surprised us by being 100% healthy. God is good, all the time.

Since then, several of the families have returned to China to bring home another daughter or a son. Several more families are currently in the process of bringing home a second or a third beautiful child. Our big, extended family just keeps growing and I am such a proud and happy auntie! I cannot wait to see Luke officially join the family...and photo!)

This adventure we're on is so amazing, and I'm so thankful to be on it with each of you!

In Christ and through Christ, we are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

To God be the glory,

10 comments:

Becky Ryder said...

Yay!! How awesome God is! I'll be praying for the court date and med exam.

Contentment is difficult but the rewards are the best:)

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

Woo HOO! Amy, What fantastic news. I'll continue to pray. How exciting.
~ Wendy

Andrea said...

YAY good news!!!! Praise God!

KT said...

YEAH!!! We will be praying!
Thanks for the reminder a couple of days ago to spend time letting God's love refresh me. Just what I needed! Our God is so good to do that for his children! Blessings.
Katie

Christy. said...

Total goosebumps when I read this post!! YEAH, God is so good!!

Praying for a successful court date!

Anne L.B. said...

Amen, to God be all glory!

I rejoice with you, and have faith that God's perfect will shall come to pass, because I see this at work:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


Keep on acknowledging Him as beautifully as you're doing! I'm smiling all over right now.

Blog Owner said...

Congratulations Amy! I am so happy for your family and little M. I will keep you in my prayers.
Carla

Eryn said...

sweet! congrats on the court date!!

Football & Fried Rice said...

I am covered in goosebumps!!!! JANUARY!>!>>!>!>!>!>>!
God is so faithful!! I am so thankful for His Timing and His understanding of what we need!!!

CAN'T wait to see Luke M's FACE!!!!!

The Dixon Family Adoption~Join The Journey said...

Oh, so excited for you that you have a court date! May God give you peace as you wait out these long days! We will pray that you will pass through court~the FIRST time and for Luke to be healthy and that he will be loved on these last few months before you arrive in Ethiopia to bring home your son!!