Tuesday, October 27, 2009

turning a corner (finally!)

"Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice."
Psalm 105:3
Chelsea and Sara have both recovered from the flu. Yay! Thankfully, I'm starting to turn the corner as well.

It's been an exhausting few weeks. Lots of life got canceled along the way. And, even worse than the symptoms was the onset of some serious Cabin Fever. This girl has got to get out of this house. Soon!

One of the things I have missed most has been my early morning quiet time with the Lord. This morning as I dusted off my Bible, I felt my spirit sigh.

There's a saying that says, "Starve a fever, feed a cold." I have yet to determine if it's accurate or not. One of my good friends gave me a new saying that definitely holds true. "Starve your flesh, feed your spirit."

My flesh has had my complete attention for the past eleven days. My spirit has unfortunately, been left to fend for itself.

As I spent time reading God's Word today and giving Him my complete attention, I felt His incredible love and peace wash over me. It felt so good.

I hope your body and your spirit are both doing well, my Friend. This is the time of year where sickness seems to run rampant and our schedules start to get really crazy.

If you're feeling worn out and struggling to keep your focus, I encourage you to take a few moments and allow God's amazing peace and love to wash over you. Yes, our bodies need to be cared for and fed, but spirits do as well. :-)

Keep pressing into Him and enjoy LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

And now, to break my cabin fever,

3 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

oh Amy, I am so glad you are turning the corner. Bless your sweet heart. You know something that helps me when I have been too physically ill to study the word is just listen to scripture as I sleep... When ever my children have symptoms we have always played healing scriptures all night in their cd players. It is life to them and medicine to their flesh...Prov. 4
Sending healing love and prayers.
Connie

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

Great reminder. I'm going to "get away" during my kids' quiet time and spend some needed time with God.
~ Wendy

Christy. said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better! I was up ALL night with my middle child throwing up. Whew I am tired! We are joking that we will get our referral today and have forever on video the dark circles under our eyes... :0)

Stay healthy!!