Friday, September 11, 2009

thirsty

"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."
Psalm 107:9


My family has been going non-stop for the past several weeks. Granted, it's all been good stuff—getting ready for the new school year, Geoff walking in the Portland to Coast, getting ready for our annual camping trip, enjoying a week camping up at Mt. Hood, getting our referral, unpacking from camping (endless laundry!), Geoff's been busy completing lots of great household projects, more school prep and now our first week of school. Sigh.

I'm tired. No—I'm downright exhausted. And thirsty.

I realized yesterday that although I have still been taking the time to spend with the Lord, I haven't been totally present with Him. Most mornings my brain isn't even functioning yet. :-)

There are definitely things that I can do to remedy that situation (i.e., slow down, plan better in the future.) However, I also think I need to allow God's grace to fill me with His peace. As I allow my body, mind and spirit to rest in His goodness and love, I'll find myself in the place of receiving all that He has for me. It is then that my thirst (and hunger) will be satisfied.

Now, to allow myself to stop and surrender. Somehow the thought of surrender seem so much harder than the actual act of surrender.

How's your week been, my Friend? Have you been going nonstop like myself? If so, I pray that you too will find that perfect place of surrender. May we both slow down enough to be able to rest in His love and receive the abundant blessings He has for us.

Slowing down and LIVING A BLESSED LIFE in Christ!

Side note: Thought I would share some more of our pics from camping. Geoff shared his kayak with the kids and myself—which made for some fun solo adventures for each of us. I was so proud of my kiddos for overcoming their intense fear of water! Even Sara ventured in past her ankles and braved the water all the way up to her neck! (Proud Mama.)

Ready to take a big drink of His goodness,

6 comments:

Anne L.B. said...

Just this morning I sensed how much I need to go directly to my prayer closet in the morning and do nothing else until I've heard from the Lord and He's heard from me. So many pressures right now. But I know I must.

I love the way you've captured the light in the photos. The faces are gorgeous.

robin prater said...

Hey there Amy, I just had to stop by and say I love getting your updates at my email. They are so true to my heart and you are so honest it brings Jesus out in all you say and do. Blessings to you girl. I am doing some book reviews too now, and I am excited to get started, nervous, but excited. You have a wonderful week amy. Love in Christ, your friend Robin

robin prater said...

Hey there Amy, I just had to stop by and say I love getting your updates at my email. They are so true to my heart and you are so honest it brings Jesus out in all you say and do. Blessings to you girl. I am doing some book reviews too now, and I am excited to get started, nervous, but excited. You have a wonderful week amy. Love in Christ, your friend Robin

mommy24treasures said...

My thoughts as well, I too, am so thirsty this week and it is my fault entirely... I must take the time to drink some living water tonight!
I have been off line for a week, so wanted to say big congrats on your referral. What a Treasure he is!

Jennifer said...

Feeling the same these days. Taking quick little sips and not long, deep drinks. I've been trying to spend less time on the computer in an attempt to re-prioritize things as well.
I love the pictures of your kids. They're beautiful! And congratulations on your referral. SO exciting!

sara said...

My heart both leaped and broke upon hearing the news of your referrral and the news of Tengetile. Proof once again that the Lord GIVES and He TAKES AWAY. Praying for that little girl today...

I just watched the 5 for 50 video and I am almost finished with Davis' book "Red Letters" (after flying through Scared & Field o the Fatherless!) It's hard to wrap my mind around...I guess I am thirsty too, and wondering how The Living Water is going to quelch that - what will that look like when I actually allow God to work in my life?

May God bless your homeschooling year! Amazing that Sara is reading!?!! WOW!!! Any pointers on that one? lol. We just started the Leap Frog videos :) Mya can barely answer the question "What is your name"? I don't think she is ready for letters yet, but we'll see!!

Praying that the Lord will FILL YOU UP to the point of overflowing, so that your joy can splash on those around you.

Can't wait to "meet" your new son.

Hugs,
Sara