Friday, September 4, 2009

safe and cherished

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;
no one can snatch them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me,
is greater than all; no one can snatch
them out of my Father's hand."
John 10:28,29 (NIV)

I realized today how easy it is to lose my perspective. I can so quickly get caught up in the burdens of today that I forget what this life is really about.

The blessings of today are just a foretaste of the incredible joy we will experience in Heaven.

The burdens of today will one day be made right. Maybe in this life, but if not, when we see our Creator face-to-face. The struggles will all have been worth it.

My Beautiful Friend, if God seems far away today, take courage! His grip is firmly on you and He will never let you go.

God's promise to love me forever is my reason for LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Holding tightly to His hands,

1 comment:

Amy said...

This was an especially meaningful post to me tonight as I prepare my heart to serve, love and embrace the orphans of Uganda next week. I am so unsure of how to prepare myself for what I will see, although I know that ultimately I will see my Savior in the faces of these precious little ones. Seeing them and the seemingly
insurmountable struggles they face daily will remind me of your words that "the burdens of today WILL someday be made right". Thank you sweet friend for giving me that promise to take with me. Love you.