Tuesday, September 29, 2009

measure of beauty



Lindsey Kane posted this video on Facebook today since it features one of her songs. (I was blessed by Lindsey's beautiful music and heart when I attended She Speaks in North Carolina two years ago. Move Me Aside is one of my favorite CDs.)

Here is what the woman who made the video wrote about it:

"This is footage from all three orphanages and slum schools that I visited in Uganda and Kenya in June and July this year. It really sums up the absolute beauty and worth they each have in God's eyes. I was blown away by these kids. They have all been through unimaginable experiences but they still hold an incredible hope and joy that I think a lot of us lack."

Most of these children do not have a home, a family, fresh water, clean clothes or adequate food to eat. The smiles on their beautiful faces, however, assure me that they know the secret of truly LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Ah, may I follow after their courageous examples and rejoice in my own struggles and suffering. Truly, life could be much, much worse.

Deeply humbled, and blessed,


2 comments:

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

I found myself smiling and tearing up at the same time.
Thanks for posting.
~ Wendy

Andrea said...

What a beautiful video~ Those are the most beautiful faces aren't they??!! sweet sweet sweet