Monday, August 3, 2009

water

"Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come;
and whoever wishes,
let him take the free gift of the water of life."
Revelation 12:17b (NIV)

Tonight while I was making dinner, my kids and I watched an IMAX movie about Africa's Serengeti. My eyes were drawn away from the stove when I heard James Earl Jones' deep voice say, "Where there is water, there is life."

For the past couple of weeks, the Pacific Northwest has experienced a bout of hot, HOT weather. Triple digits is not something we see very often, so we're all doing our best to get creative and stay cool.

Water, of course is key. Without it living things die. Grass, plants, trees, flowers, animals, people.

Jesus talked a lot about water while He was alive on Earth.

In John 7:38, He said, "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

And later on in John 14:13-14: "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Of course, the references to water in the Bible are great. What was once used to end all life on Earth now symbolizes new (and eternal) life.

There is nothing as refreshing as an ice cold glass of water on a triple-digit day! Without it, our bodies and minds begin to suffer.

There is nothing as refreshing for my spirit as spending time in the Word, journaling my heart to the Lord and worshipping Him with song.

When I fail to make the time to purposely connect with and seek God each day, my spirit suffers greatly. It doesn't take long before I become parched and in desperate need for a refreshing drink of His love, His grace and His joy.

What about you, my Friend? Are you in need of refreshment?

I pray that whatever season you find yourself in today, that His sweet Spirit will wash over you and give you whatever measure of strength, peace and joy you need.

All that Jesus has for you, for me, is free. We only have to ask. Trust in His love for you, my Friend. It is safe and He is good. He has so many blessings to shower upon you.

Remember, where there is water, there is LIFE.

May you be refreshed in Him, and may you continue LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

In need of another sip,

4 comments:

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

Refreshing post. :D

Really though, it is a key reminder and something I needed to read.
~ Wendy

Jennifer said...

"parched and in desperate need for a refreshing drink of His love, His grace and His joy." That is the place I had allowed myself to get to and Praise Him for reminding me to be refreshed in Him! It's been so good to be back in His word, regularly, instead of sporadically.

Anna Grace`s Jie Jie said...

Great post!

Suzan said...

Great blog!