Tuesday, August 18, 2009

pondering His goodness

"Yours, O Lord, is the greatness,
the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty.
Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours,
O Lord, and this is your kingdom.
We adore you as the one who is over all things."
1 Chronicles 29:11

Today is a new day. The problems of yesterday still await resolution. Our new son still awaits us in Addis Ababa. We're praying that the paperwork issues will be easily resolved. However, after watching several of my adoption friends experience similar roadblocks, I know the wait could be quite long.

Although we desperately want to bring our son home, the situation is completely out of our hands. Once again, we find that we're left with a choice.

We can either stress and worry—or—we can press into the Lord and place our hope in His goodness.

We can choose to trust and enjoy the gift of life God has blessed us with. Or, we can choose to worry and allow our hope to die.

My flesh so easily swings to the side of wallowing in doubt and worry. And yet, thankfully, I'm reminded of God's promises to me.

"Those who place their hope in You, will never be turned away. And those who place their trust in You, will never be put to shame. I am waiting here for You, to hear you speak my name. Beloved. Speak my name. Beloved. Won't you speak my name?" ("Beloved," Enter the Worship Circle)

As I push aside the wretched emotions my flesh seems to thrive upon, my spirit once again takes over. Songs of worship begin to bubble up as I bow before my Creator and praise Him for His faithfulness and grace. He is so good.

God is always working on our behalf, my Friend. Although our circumstances may tell us differently, we have to choose to go against our natural bent and trust Him.

When we choose to stand upon God's promises, our flesh has no other choice but to be submit to His Word.

He is a faithful God. He is a good God. He loves us—unconditionally and for all of eternity. His love never fails.

Keep trusting in His Word. Keep worshiping Him in song and deed. Keep choosing the narrow path. It is there that we are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Choosing to believe God today,

5 comments:

Sarah Dawn said...

Oh rejoicing sweet one in living a blessed life with you. With that precious smile, what more could you ask for?

God is writing a new song on my heart. Thanks for singing with me today.

May the song of our lives, be to the tune of your heart, Our Lord.

Listening to His song,
Sarah Dawn

Jennifer said...

A friend of mine said to me the other day, "To rejoice is a choice." So true. I'm trusting in the Lord for the strength to do that very thing, and I will continue to pray for strength and peace for you as well.

One of my favorite songs on the CD I mentioned earlier is called "Glorious and Mighty". Hope these lyrics bless you today...

Majesty, Your glory is shining
Brighter than the moon and the stars
Marveling, we honor and fear You
Above all gods

Chorus
Glorious and mighty, You’re awesome In beauty
Joyful songs we raise
Glorious and mighty, You’re awesome in beauty
Greatly to be praised

Majesty, You fashioned the heavens
Your decrees can never be changed
Over all the plans of the nations
Your judgments reign

Majesty, we’ll sing with creation
When You come again in the clouds
Every knee will bow down and worship
The one true God

© 2008 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)/Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

I especially am comforted by the lines "Over all the plans of the nations, Your judgments reign" As my heart breaks for the million+ oprhans around the globe, it's so good to remember that God has them ALL in His hands and reigns over all. He has your son in His loving and mighty hands right this very minute and knows exactly when and how he will come home.

Love and praying with you, friend!

Jennifer said...

I mean orphans.

Had to add that.

Spelling errors are a big pet peeve of mine. :)

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

I love the phrase "press into the Lord."

~ Wendy

Pam said...

I love what you spoke, Amy. But I REALLY love that sweet face at the top of your post. Beautiful!