Thursday, August 13, 2009

eternal focus

"Surely your goodness and unfailing love
will pursue me all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord forever."
Psalm 23:6 (NLT)

Ah, my two sweet girls. I had to grab my camera when I saw them snuggled up on the couch together yesterday. Hard to believe that just 20 minutes earlier they were screaming at the top of their lungs trying to convince me that the other one was lying. It's amazing what a little time can do.

Today, my heart is a wreck. I heard from a friend that the court dates in Ethiopia are now being scheduled for October. This means that those families who do pass their first court day won't travel until the end of November. Being that we are still awaiting our son's official referral, traveling before Christmas may not be an option.

We have been through the adoption process before and know that it's full of unknowns and unexpected delays. We trust that God's timing is perfect. However, our hearts are aching (crying) for our son who has been waiting for his family for over 18 months already now. We just can't imagine all that he has been through.

Our hearts are aching for the other children around the world waiting for their forever families to bring them home. We pray that God would continue to provide for them and protect them during the wait.

We are also praying for all of the children who have yet to be found by their forever families. We pray that God would give them hope and that He would bless them with strong friendships to would nourish their spirits. Rather than feeling abandoned and alone, we pray that they would know God's great love for them.

As tears fall on behalf of all children in need, I try to remember that time on this planet is truly irrelevant. God's timing is perfect and though we cannot see much of what He is doing, He is working on our behalf and for our good. I long to have an eternal focus and trust that all of this will work out.

Will you please join me in praying for the 147 million orphans worldwide today, my Friend? I do believe that prayer can move mountains and God does work miracles. Thank you. :-)

Trusting Him that children everywhere will know the joy of LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Yearning for my Father's house,

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Ugh, I am so sorry for the delay. That hurts huh?! Prayers are being lifted for you! And your son! Blessings
Andrea

Beth said...

What a sweet picture of your girls and a beautiful post of encouragement for me. His timing is perfect and not mine. I am praying for the orphans and I will pray specifically for your sweet guy waiting.

Beth

Amy said...

Oh, Amy...I'm sorry for the delay. Truly. I know that both our little boys in Ethiopia rest in the hands of Almighty God who does not faint and won't grow weary. I'm picturing Him holding our sons in His arms tonight, whispering to their hearts His love for them and pouring out strength and grace at just the moment they need it.

Thanks for the encouragement to continue to pray for the 147 million (ugh...it hurts to even type that number) children who went to sleep tonight without a mama or a papa. My heart just breaks for them, but we trust in the Defender of the weak and the One who is Father to the fatherless tonight. Love you, sister!

Amy said...

Hi again, Amy. :) After I left my last comment I listened to this song by David Crowder and it just ministered to me so much. Not a particular fan of the video, but it was a way for me to share the song with you. Oh how He loves us and our little ones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUbImPNsmng&feature=related

Christy. said...

Praying with you! Oh how I want to know who our son is and bring him home....

Searching for God in the everyday said...

First of all, I love this sweet picture. Secondly, I love your heart for the orphans. I too have that heart and am working through how God would use that. As of right now, my husband does not share that ache for the orphans and I am trusting that God will move us in the same direction on that.
Praying for you, Cory =)

Jennifer said...

Praying with you and for you, Amy.

Joy Portis said...

His timing is perfect, but that doesn't make it any easier on a momma's heart! Praying peace for you as you continue to wait on His timing and joining you in prayer for all those still waiting and without a family!