Wednesday, July 8, 2009

God's will, not mine

"Jabez cried out to the God of Israel,
"Oh, that you would bless me
and enlarge my territory!
Let your hand be with me, and keep me from
harm so that I will be free from pain."
And God granted his request."
1 Chronicles 4:10 (NIV)

I'm in the middle of rearranging the contents of my kitchen cupboard in hopes of making it more kid-friendly. (Why didn't I think of that before?!?)

Could it be that I'm nesting in preparation of my new son?!?

While I'm working, I'm listening to a few teaching messages that I downloaded. I just finished listening to one based upon the Prayer of Jabez. The pastor spoke about the challenge of living within God's will.

He asked the following questions:

* Am I living small enough so that I can control what happens?

* Am I living so large that my life is way out of control?

* Am I believing small enough that I miss out on the blessings God has for me?

* Am I believing large enough so that God is able to have His way with me?"

Something to think about, isn't it?

We received word yesterday that the courts in Ethiopia have closed unexpectedly for two weeks. It looks like our official referral won't happen in the near future.

However, I'm choosing to believe God that His will be done, and enjoy the sweet peace that choice brings. God is SO good!!!

And now, my Friend, it's back to my kitchen project. :-)

Choosing to trust God's will in my life and letting Him out of my safe little box, keeps me LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

With JOY and FAITH,

3 comments:

emily said...

You know the courts are still open but MOWA closed. Technicality as you can't pass court without a favorable opinion from MOWA, but they are still giving out court dates as I have been told.

Those with court dates the next two weeks will be affected and have to get new ones.

I have been saying all day- "with God all things are possible" each time I start to head down that negative way of thinking.

Praying for all the details to work out- waiting is hard but God is good.

Carey said...

Hi Amy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I've been reading your blog tonight and I can tell I'll enjoy following yours as well.

Praying for you with this hiccup with MOWA. We had a couple setbacks due to MOWA, too. Frustrating when you just want your children to be home, safe in your arms! But you also know that God is in control, and His timing is perfect. Praying for peace for you and your little guy as he waits.

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

Thought-provoking questions...God has a sweet spot for us, not too big or not too small (and not just the size of a cannonball--sorry, excuse my Thurs. giggles).
~ Wendy