Thursday, July 30, 2009

cherishing life

"Jesus realized they wanted to ask him about it, so he said,
“Are you asking yourselves what I meant?
I said in a little while you won’t see me,
but a little while after that you will see me again.
I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn
over what is going to happen to me...
You will grieve, but your grief will suddenly turn to wonderful joy."
John 16:19-20 (NLT)

I've had a challenging day (week) with one of my children. This child has experienced amazing healing and growth over the last year. For whatever reason, those old behaviors have returned. I'm sharing my concerns with my husband, praying to God for wisdom and doing my very best to respond to my child with love and patience. I'll admit, it's not easy.

And then, tonight, I followed a link to this sweet family's blog and gained a new perspective. Isn't that what persevering through struggles is all about? Finding someone else who is dealing with a much more serious situation than we are, and turning our hearts towards their pain instead of our problems?
Lifting them up in prayer, while also acknowledging the blessings we have, even in our current times of struggle.

This beautiful family is expecting a new child while also grieving the devastating loss of their beautiful daughter, Cora. I can't imagine.

I have experienced extreme grief with my children through the things they have suffered through. It has been traumatic and hard (to say the least), but, I still have them to love and hold.
The McClellan's story leaves me humbled. This life is short and should be cherished. I don't want to waste a single moment.

I know that even in death and loss, God is still good and new life is certain. I fully believe that Cora is happy, healthy and whole in Heaven. And, one day, her family will be united again. What a sweet day that will be!

Today, while I struggle with patience and seek God's wisdom, I'm thankful that God is always working. He knows the outcome of every situation. And, He uses every situation for our good and His glory.

Friend, I know life is hard. Some days much more than others.

If you're having a good day, I'm rejoicing with you. If you're struggling, I'm right there with you. More importantly, God is with you. And He loves you VERY much.

Keep pressing into His love and grace, for it is there that we are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

With grace and love,

1 comment:

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

You know, people say that...I'm with you. But, with you I really believe it!
~ Wendy