Friday, June 26, 2009

well done!

What exactly is this, you may ask? It's Sara's "silly creature," of course. :-) Creative, eh? My girl makes me smile and say, "Well done!"

Today I've had several opportunities to observe how other people are actively choosing to make the world a better place. I'm both inspired and humbled by the choices they are making.

I imagine that God is saying, "'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'" (Matthew 25:21)

Aser and Kimberly are moving their family to Ethiopia. On their blog you can find a video in which they share about the awesome adventure God has called them on. I know the road may not be easy for them at times, but they have courageously said "yes" to God and for that I say, "Well done!"

My beautiful friend, Tara, believed God for a healthy son after experiencing devastating losses and pain. This morning she gave birth to a healthy baby boy! (Congrats Uriel & Tara! Proud parents of 3 beautiful boys.) God is SO good. I'm inspired by Tara's beautiful faith and the strength of their marriage. Well done!

This morning we spent over an hour at our credit union finalizing our adoption documents. (Can you say, "Dossier done?!?" Yahoo!!!) I talked with our notary, Patrick, about his plans to go to law school and work in the government. He wants to help people and change lives. (See random fact #1 about me on my previous post to understand why I think this is so great.) In order to save money for his schooling, he sold his prized sports car and now rides the MAX instead. Well done, Patrick!

Speaking of adoptions, I am thankful for all of our supportive friends who wrote not one, but two, letters of reference for us. The time and effort they invested into the future of our new son, "M," is helping to make the world a better place. We are deeply grateful and say, "Well done!"

My oldest, Chelsea, received her home school test results back today and scored very high. She has a heart for the Lord and is teaching her youngest sibling how to read and dance. For that, I say, "Well done!"

I have so many more incredible stories to share, but alas, my writing time has come to an end. I have a feeling that you, my Friend, are making decisions in your own life that are making the world a better place. I can't wait to see the flowers that God will grow in your future. Well done!!!

Today my heart is inspired by all those in my life who are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE and helping others to do the same.

Thank YOU for blessing me!

1 comment:

Selah said...

Amy Jo:
Thank you for your encouraging words on our blog at selah... You have no idea how much you have already touched me and then sharing it again for us. Thank you and I have enjoyed reading your blog. You write with such clarity and in the truth. I am adding you to my favorites already:) If you are in the PDX area it would be fun to connect.
Kimberly