Tuesday, June 23, 2009

seeing clearly


On Saturday, I had my eyes dilated at my yearly eye exam. The doctor told me that my vision would be a bit blurry for the next several hours.

He then went on to hand me an assortment of papers and pointed out different things he wanted me to read. All I could see was a blurry mess of black and white. It was so frustrating.

I immediately thanked God for my gift of vision. Both in the natural and spiritual world. Granted, my vision is still being healed.

Some things I see with 20/20 vision, others are still quite blurry. It's a process, that's for sure.

When I look to God and His Word for answers, that is when the lies and doubt disappear and my world becomes crystal clear.

Life can be so crazy. With so many things vying for our attention, it's hard to know where to look. Especially when we are in the midst of a storm. Isn't it amazing that when we look directly into the eyes of Jesus, all we can see is Him and His goodness. The rest of the world and our problems become blurry and His love becomes crystal clear.

I'm praying that regardless of what's going on in your life today, my Friend, that you are able to look into His eyes and see how very, very much He loves you. Just as you are.

Seeing through the eyes of Jesus enables us to keep LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

With hope,

2 comments:

Becky Ryder said...

Awesome! I love it how God sees whats on the other side of the fog!

HisFireFly said...

Makes me recall the old song "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. And the things of this world will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace"