Sunday, June 21, 2009

five minutes?

Please take five minutes to watch a brief clip of Tom Davis' interview. If you haven't read his amazing books yet, this will give you a taste of what you are missing.

Tom is an amazing communicator who is passionate about children in need. Can't you just see and hear the love of Jesus pouring out of him?

I love his honesty about his Russian daughter's adoption and transition. No, it is not easy.

Case in point. Here is a photo of my Chinese daughter when she was feeling a bit surly this afternoon. To put it mildly. Adorable and smiling one minute; screaming loudly the next. She's human, like me. And sometimes she's more forgiving and patient with my humaness. Go figure! :-) But I'm learning. A lot!
But it is worth all of the sacrifices, stress, struggle and effort. I wouldn't trade this adventure for anything.
Children are not meant to be thrown away. I can't even begin to imagine my sweet girl growing up on the street. It brings tears to my eyes to even consider that possibility.
I can't wait to watch the rest of Tom's interview. (And find time to read more of Scared. If you don't have a copy yet, click on the link. Looks like Tom is offering it as a free e-book!!!)

I pray your Father's Day was especially sweet today. Ours was. :-)
Yes, those are daisies in my man's hat. He makes me smile.


I am so blessed to have Geoff as the father of my children. Humbled, too.

God has blessed Geoff with an incredible gift of photography.
I love sharing his photos (& his heart.)
Gorgeous, aren't they?

Celebrating the ones we love is a big part of LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

May you know that you are loved. Deeply.

Thankful to be on this journey,

4 comments:

ellie said...

Great photos :) we forgot about Father's Day (they celebrate in August in AU) but it looks like your hubby had a good one!

I'm going to check out that ebook - thanks for the heads up!

Hugs :)

sara said...

Happy Father's Day :) I love the sweet pictures (especially the daisies!)

Chantelle said...

Happy (belated) Father's Day to a beautiful family!

Warren Baldwin said...

I listened to Tom's interview. Very moving. Cheryl and I have talked about foreign adoptions, and this makes me think about it even more. "Let the little children come to me," a statement by Jesus, runs through my mind whenever I hear about the overwhelming need for more and better child care and adoption. Thanks for the post.

WB
(I linked here from Sonya's site).