Thursday, May 7, 2009

sharing thoughts

So, I somehow managed to catch a virus from my son, complete with fever. He got home Sunday after spending an action-filled weekend with his dad at our church's Men & Boys Campout. I was thrilled to kiss all over his sweet face, not knowing that he wasn't feeling well. Ugh.

My high-energy boy must have been hit hard because he's spent 90% of this past week laid up in bed. And now I am. Please pray it passes soon as my oldest turns 11(!) on Saturday and we have a fun-filled day planned. :-)

I have so many ideas floating around my head, but realize that I'm unfortunately not all that coherent. But, I did just read a really great post titled "Why Ethiopia?" It includes an excerpt from a book I am currently reading by Mary Ostyn titled The Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family.

BTW - did you know that nowadays, most people consider more than one or two kiddos a large family? We're soon to be double that, so it's a good thing I'm reading Mary's awesome book!

Anyhow, if you're curious why a family would choose to adopt from Ethiopia, or any other country for that matter, I encourage you to stop by Brianna's blog and read her post.

Praying that you're staying healthy and are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Sweet blessings,

1 comment:

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

Amy Jo,
Praying for you this morning that God brings you quick healing and extra strength and enduarance as you get ready for your daugthers birthday!
Wendy