Monday, May 4, 2009

Scripture memory

In yesterday's post, I sent y'all over to Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries blog to read a post written by her daughter, Melissa.

If that was the first time you've read Beth's blog, I thought I would introduce you to Beth's Scripture memory challenge. Twice a month, on the 1st and the 15th, we choose a verse to memorize. Or, at the very least, pray it on a daily basis.

Here's the verse I'm working on:


"Each morning let me learn more about your love because I trust you.
I come to you in prayer, asking for your guidance."
Psalm 143:8 (CEV)

To be honest, my brain is having a hard time memorizing the verses I have chosen so far. But I refuse to give up! I know that even if I don't memorize it completely, my spirit is still nourished.

So, what'ya say? Would you like to join us? We're only on verse 9 and it's never too late to start.

Please also be sure to visit my 963 Coffee Giveaway post and enter to win a free sample. There have got to be more coffee and/or cocoa lovers out there! :-)

It's a wet and rainy day here in Oregon. This morning I was teaching Liam in his Bible class about how without rain, we don't have food. Although I sure would prefer a sunny day today, I am so thankful for God's provisions and to be LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Sweet blessings,

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I want to try the verse memorization. I was just talking to God about wanting to go to him first thing in the morning...so I bet this is God's way of letting me know he wants me to do just that.

~ Wendy

Becky Ryder said...

I'll join you! We're doing some with our kiddies and its quite a blessing!