Wednesday, April 8, 2009

coffee, anyone?

Are you a coffee drinker like me? Or maybe a fan of hot chocolate? Well, guess what? You can have your java (or chocolate) AND make a difference in the world.

I just joined forces with 963 Coffee in an effort to raise funds on behalf of Ethiopian widows and orphans. 100% of the funds we raise will be sown directly into a ministry who is doing incredible work for God's Kingdom and those who are dear to His heart.

So, ready to go shopping??? I just did! I'm a big fan of dark roast AND cocoa. I also snagged a cool t-shirt and coffee tumbler for me man. Shhhh! ;-)

Simply go to 963 Coffee (which is a Christian organization based upon Psalm 96:3). One of the great things about 963 is that their heart is to bless coffee farmers by giving them a fair price for their coffee. To learn more about what that means, check out the trailer of Black Gold.

Using the above link makes sure that Defending the Cause (more about that soon...) gets credit for your purchase.

ALSO, please know that you can also have the coffee/cocoa shipped to you on a regular basis via the Monthly Obsession option. How cool is that?!?

I know that coffee and cocoa are truly not essential to LIVING A BLESSED LIFE. I really do. However, for myself, they sure are an added perk. And, to know that I am making a difference in the lives of widows, orphans AND coffee farmers, makes my heart smile.

Here's to good coffee! :-)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for visiting our blog. I love African coffee!!!!!!

Elisha said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://laptopseries.net