Tuesday, April 21, 2009

celebrations

Today's my birthday! :-) The highlight of our day was having our social worker and his assistant visit our house today for our final home study visit! One step closer to bringing our precious son home!!! Yay!

For the last couple of years, we've been blessed to be able to celebrate my birthday over a long weekend at our favorite condo at the beach. This year, however, our "extra funds" are being used to pay for the various adoption fees...and I couldn't be any happier!

That said, the beach is still my favorite place to be with my family. So, instead of spending a long weekend there, we spent one glorious, fun-filled day. I'm so blessed!

There was sandcastle building with my youngest daughter, a walk along the shore with my oldest daughter searching for sea shells, and some kite flying and adventure finding with my son. My incredible husband blessed me by capturing the entire day in beautiful photos.

We ended our trip by enjoying a ginormous pizza at our favorite little pizza place. Mmmm good!






Celebrating life, love and family are most definitely a part of LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Sending blessings your way,

3 comments:

Christy. said...

Hi Amy,
I found your blog through the Alexander's blog. My husband, three kids and I live in Oregon as well. We are about two weeks from joining the Children's Hope International wait list for a toddler boy from Ethiopia. You can check out our blog at gladheimfamily.blogspot.com
Have a great night,
Christy

Christy. said...

Oh, and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

Amy,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY friend! I am so happy for you to be so much closer to getting your precious child soon. I will continue to lift you and your family up as you prepare and wait for God's great timing. Your life makes me think of something called The Third Project, which is God first, others second and self third. That is exactly how you are living your life and as I read what God is doing, my eyes and heart see that it is all done for the glory of the Lord! If I lived closer to you I would bring you flowers and more...... Praying for blessings for you today on your birthday!
Wendy