Monday, March 30, 2009

are you kidding me?!?

It's news stories like this that just make me feel so very, very sad. My brain can't even begin to process why C*ca-C*la is actually a topic in times of draught and extreme starvation.

I admit that I have overcome (and occasionally still feel drawn back to) a personal dependence upon the no-cal variety. It tastes good. :-) However, the fact that it's made up of mostly chemicals that will likely lead to scary symptoms and/or disease, makes me strongly question it's value in my life.

That said, I think that the Ethi*pian authorities were right to actually make critical items such as wheat and fuel their top priority. Sadly enough, when it comes to this particular product (and it's competitors), it's not about what's right for the people--it all comes down to p*litics. :-(

When I travel to that beautiful country to bring my beautiful son home, I for one will not complain if I'm not able to find a cold (or hot) can of D*et-C*ke. Some things are just far more important. Like life.

LIVING A BLESSED LIFE, even when things just don't make sense.

1 comment:

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

Wow, I am so glad to find your blog. I appreciate hearing how God is at work in your family and life. We are not adopting like you all, but this last year God has turned our lives upside down and opened up our eyes and hearts to hie world. God espeically used Tom Davis's books and all the scripture from those to beging transforming our hearts. I am looking foward to followig your blog now and hearing about you "living a blessed life". Thanks for sharing!
Wendy Ingram
Colorado Springs, CO