Monday, February 16, 2009

faith without deeds is dead

I first heard this song on Katie's blog. If you haven't been over there yet, I strongly suggest you take time over the next few weeks and read a post or two a day. I am humbled by her faith and love how she expresses herself so honestly. When I grow up, I wanna be just like Katie. :-)

Anyhow, the song is by Brooke Fraser. I downloaded her entire CD off of Amazon for less than $9-. Love it.

Albertine
I am sitting still
I think of Angeline
Her mother's voice over me
And the bullets and the war
Where it fell silent And on a thousandth hill
I think of Albertine
There in her eyes
What i don't see with my eye
oh Rwanda
Now that I have seen I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you
In my own arms
I cannot let go till you are...
And I am on a plane
Across a distant sea
But I carry you in me
In the dust on... the dust on... the dust on... the dust on....
My feet
Rwanda
Now that I have seen
I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you
In my own arms
I cannot let go till you are...
I will tell the world
I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them, Albertine
Rwanda
Now that I have seen
I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you
In my own arms
I cannot let go till you are...
And I am on a stage
A thousand eyes on me
I will tell them, Albertine
I will tell them, Albertine

"As the body without spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." (James 2:26)

...still working on that myself, and yet, I am so thankful that despite my failures, weaknesses and inadequacies, my God has allowed me to be LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Sweet blessings,
Amy Jo

2 comments:

Oatsvall Team said...

thanks for stopping by my blog ...and Katie is amazing ... i love working w/ her and seeing FAITH lived out ... We are not sure if we are adopting from Ethiopia or Uganda ... I changed my header to Africa ... I need to change my signature and a couple of other things to be on the safe side ... We haven't even picked a agency yet, so I think we are in the clear for now .. thanks for looking out for me though ...

Blessings on your week !!!

Charlene said...

I just LOVE Katie's blog, too! Wow! To have that kind of active faith...

I'm presenting you with a Lovey Award! Stop by my blog to pick it up!

Love ya!