Saturday, January 10, 2009

coffee with a purpose

In addition to joining the Mocha Club, I just found out about two wonderful organizations that sell coffee with a purpose. How can you say "no" to that? :-)

Gobena Coffee offers a subscription (just like Geval*a) where you can have 1,3 or 5 pounds of coffee (whole bean or ground) shipped to you on a regular basis. You choose the frequency and the type of coffee. On their website, they have a video of some of the beautiful children who are blessed by the coffee. Oh, did I mention that 100% of the proceeds benefits orphans???

Saint's Coffee also offers amazing coffee to be purchased online. By purchasing a 1lb. bag of delicious, organic (and fair trade) coffee, you are helping to feed an orphan for a whole month! They also have some nice gift packages available for purchase as well. Saint's Coffee also partners with Children's Hope Chest and Five for 50 that I blogged about earlier this week.

On a side note, I purchased a copy of Tom Davis' book (featured on Five for 50) and it is absolutely phenomenal. Convicting? Yes. Inspiring? Definitely. Don't we all need to be reminded about what Jesus taught when He walked the earth? The world's problems are incredibly different today and yet His words are just as applicable now as they were back then.

I'm so humbled by Tom and the work he is doing through his organizations on behalf of the children suffering throughout the world. If you feel stagnant in your walk with the Lord or would like to do something powerful with your life, but just aren't sure where to begin, I strongly urge you to buy a copy of Red Letters (and hey, how about some coffee, too?)

Let's make a difference in our world and start living the words of our Savior.

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"
Matthew 25:34-36 (NIV)

I encourage you to keep looking (& praying) for ways to embrace LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

With grace & JOY,

2 comments:

CariJ said...

What's not to love about this? Coffee and Kids...that's awesome!

Beth said...

I knew I loved coffee! Now I can indulge in a great cup of java and support one of my deep passions... children.

Love from TX,
Beth