Sunday, January 4, 2009

5for50


If you've read any of my posts during the past few months, you've probably figured out that I have a heart for Africa. Bringing Sara home from China has transformed my heart and my family so profoundly. I am humbled by the opportunity that God has given us and am so excited to see what He has in store for our family in 2009.

On that note, I just found this website and plan to read Tom's book in the very near future.

There are so many opportunities for us as Christians to make a difference in this world. Whether it be within our own families, within our own neighborhoods and communities or halfway across the world. The time is NOW. Let's spur each other on to greatness for God's Kingdom.

If God is stirring something in your heart, I would love to hear from you and encourage you in your efforts. May you have the courage and the faith to take the next step - whether it be big or small. Every effort, every prayer DOES make a difference.

LIVING A BLESSED LIFE inspires me to live a life of love.

Joyfully,

3 comments:

HisFireFly said...

Happy New Year Amy! I am going to try to find Five for 5. 2009 will be a year of preparation for my husband and I to return to Uganda, this time to the north, in Gulu to help Watoto set up housing for children who have been affected by the war. The stories of our 2007 trip are in my blog. Our hearts were altered eternally in that country, and never really came back home with us!

sara said...

Ooohh, I want to share this blog with you -

http://www.ethiopianbrowns.blogspot.com/

This girl is a home schooling Mom here in Colorado and they are bringing home their 4 babies from Ethiopia in a few weeks!! Their story is amazing and quite the testimony to God's Plan versus Ours!!!

Carla said...

Amy, Tom Davis' book, Red Letters, is a great read! Just another thing that will change you ;)