I've been tagged! I am being tagged by Tara at http://tabletwenty.blogspot.com/ Tara is one of my treasured wildflowers. Not only is Tara beautiful, but she has an absolutely hysterical sense of humor (the kind where you have to beg her to stop or go buy Depends!) and is an amazing communicator. Tara reads A LOT and shares her book reviews on her blog. Be sure to scan back to her June 26th post about She Speaks. She's an amazing woman!
O.K. Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you (see above)
2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
4) Tag 7* people at the end of your post and link to them (*I just changed this rule!)
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (Go! Hurry!)
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up (Love you, Tara!)
Six Random Things about me...
1) I initiated a new law in Oregon that helps protect child abuse victims from their perpetrator. The law passed in 2005! (God is SO good!!!)
2) My daughter, Chelsea, and I were blessed to be able to spend 3 days in Louisiana with the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition design team (Ty, Paige, Paulie, Eduardo, & Preston). The highlight was hanging out on "the bus" while we watched Leslie tour her new home. (A HUGE miracle from God!)
***I share the above two to encourage others to know that God can work BIG miracles through us if we (a) ASK (b) BELIEVE that He can answer and (c) ACT when He shows us/tells us what to do. Stepping out in faith is HUGE. I still have a lot to learn in this area, but God really blew my socks off when He brought about our trip to LA and gave me the necessary contacts in the Senate to get a bill drafted in the first place. I'm tellin' ya, He's a BIG, BIG GOD and He loves to shower us with His abundant blessings!!!***
3) I start my day with a big mug of French Roasted coffee brewed in a French Press mixed with Hazelnut flavored Coffee Creamer and a teeny-tiny bit of Nu-Stevia AND my Bible. (And yes, I do speak a bit of French...took 3 years in High School...does this count as #4? I'm struggling to come up with these! Je t'aime, mes amis...is that right?!? Eek, it's been too long!)
4) I have a friend who once used a bottle of hotel hair conditioner all over her body thinking it was lotion. (TONYA - Can't wait for your new blog! I wanted to tag you ;-) This story has GOT to be included in one of your first posts!!! If not, Tara can do an awesome impersonation of you and your lotion catastrophe...and by the way, for those of you wondering how this could happen...the real lotion was GREEN...coulda happened to any of us!!! T, I'm sending you love!)
5) My favorite kind of shoes are flip-flops...just wish I could wear them 365! (Rainy Oregon days kind of ruin the flip-flop-fun. Boo-hoo.)
***OK, had to include some fun random things as well - because I LOVE to laugh.***
6) Some of my personal goals (dreams) are to: to publish at least one book sharing about some of the amazing things God has done in my life; play the violin; learn to swim (with my face in the water and without fear); be in good enough shape to run long-distance; travel to Africa (once to adopt and at least once for a mission), France & Italy; and downhill ski (again! Haven't been since I was 15.) Some of these are are pretty huge, but I have a big God, so I'm dreaming BIG!!! (And no, I'm not going add a 7th stating the obvious fact that I love words and can take a simple exercise and make it R E A L L Y LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! Tee hee...oops, don't stop reading, there's more fun below:)
I am tagging...
1) Becki at http://www.2china4addison.blogspot.com/ One of my beautiful Chatty Girls...we finally met face-to-face flying over the Pacific Ocean on our way to China. Two weeks later, we landed in Hong Kong with our new Chinese daughters!!! (Love ya, Becki!)
2) Shelley at http://wildnoodles.blogspot.com/ Another one of my beautiful Chatty Girls...Shelley's blog about her first adoption journey to China (and Precious Aly) inspired me to put in our own application! Although we haven't met in person, I've talked to my sweet friend on the phone and chatted lots online with her! (Hugs, Shelley!)
3) Spring at http://princessandtheking.blogspot.com/ Don't you just love the name of her blog? I met Spring at She Speaks and we are now in a writer's critique group together. (Spring, I've been anticipating your next post...thought this might inspire you to write another! Grin.)
4) Emily at http://www.andthentherewereseven.blogspot.com/ Emily is my beautiful Chatty Girl Pam's daughter! While we didn't get to travel to China together, our lives have been tightly knit together over the past couple of years. I was blessed to meet Pam, Emily & AnnaClaire during my recent trip to North Carolina! They introduced me to sweet tea at Chic-Fil-A's. Yum. Emily just returned home from an amazing mission trip to Romania. She has a beautiful heart and is a very talented writer and photographer! (Hugs to you & your fam, Em!)
5) Charlene at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/miracleofthemoment Another one of my beautiful Chatty Girls...we met face-to-face for the first time in Beijing. We are both blessed to have Chinese daughters and homeschool our precious kiddos. (We also have another cool connection that I can't post about quite yet...it's in the process! Hugs, Charlene!)
6) Robin at http://robin-robinznest.blogspot.com/ Another new friend in my Called2Write group. Somehow she's old enough to be a Grandma. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you more, Robin! You have a great gift of writing and such a sweet, sweet spirit about you! :-)
7) Sonya at http://truth4thejourney.blogspot.com/ Also from my Called2Write group. In addition to our passion for writing, we both have daughters whom God has grafted into our families. (Sending blessings to you, Sonya!)
Oh, man! I already tagged seven?!? (Yes, I changed the rule. I was kinda bothered by having three 6's. I'm not superstitious, just don't like THAT number. Seven is much better! And, hey, I got to add in another precious friend! Call me a cheater, but it works for me!) O.K., I've never done this before, but I have to say, this is actually kinda fun (and a tad bit unnerving!). Wish I could have tagged more of my bloggin' friends...but I'll have to leave that fun to the rest'o'you!
Playing tag with my Sistas...what better way to be LIVING A BLESSED LIFE?!?