Friday, December 5, 2008

favorite Christmas music?

I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee and watching MercyMe perform their Christmas music on the Gospel Music Channel. I heart my DVR. :-)

A few years ago, Geoff and I were blessed to be able to attend the MercyMe & Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas concert. It was amazing. The highlight of our Christmas season that year.

Since then, both of their CDs top my list of "Most Favorite Christmas Music." I find that I even pull them out once or twice during the rest of the year. Their music has an incredible way of lifting my spirit.

So, what about you, Friend? What's your all-time favorite Christmas CD to listen to? Every year I try to add one or two new ones to my player. PLEASE don't go quiet on me...I'm in desperate need of some good advice and would love to hear from you.

And while you're at it, why don't you go pop in your favorite CD right now? :-)

By the way, I can't end this post without mentioning one more thing. As most of you know, the Chapman family experienced a devastating loss earlier this year. Their precious daughter, Maria, went home to be with Jesus. I can't imagine what this Holiday season will be like for their family, but know that I will be continuing to pray for them as they come to mind.

I have been so blessed by their family's continued faith in the midst of their anguish and grief. I know that while I am celebrating this year, I'll be especially thankful for the the gift of my family. I hope to never take a moment for granted...you just never know.

Christmas music that glorifies our Savior and being able to snuggle my kids--definitely an essential part of make me thankful to be LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Sweet blessings to you today,

1 comment:

Hilty Sprouts! said...

I have three that I love every year: Bing Crosby, the Miracle on 34th street soundtrack, and Robert Shaw's Songs of Angels. I LOVE Christmas music!

Jennifer