Tuesday, October 14, 2008

run, don't walk!














Last week for my sanity night, I went and saw Fireproof. Wow. Aside from a tiny dose of cheesy acting at the beginning (seemed like they just need to get warmed up), the movie was amazing.

It's one of those movies that everyone really, really, REALLY should see. Regardless of whether you are single, married but unhappy, married and happy, or even a teenager...this movie is a must see for everyone.

I am extremely blessed to be in the "married and happy" category. However, we have walked through some very difficult seasons in our lives. It is through God's mercy, grace and love that Geoff and I are where we are at today. And, it's not without effort. Daily.

While the movie focuses on a married couple, really the crux of the movie is our desperate need to have Christ in our lives and hearts. We were made for and through Him. Our souls crave and seek out a love that only our Creator can give us. Without Him, everything else is a cheap substitution (that is never without consequences.) We will seek to fill the void and numb the pain with anything and everything.

As I have learned (and continue to learn), nothing, absolutely NOTHING can compare to the amazing grace and pure love that my God fills me up with each day.

Without Him, life is a drudgery, and truly, quite impossible. I end up frustrated, depressed, angry, and without purpose.

With Him, I am filled with an indescribable joy, absolute peace and a deep passion to know Him, serve Him and honor Him with my life.

Do I have it all figured out? No. Is every day a cake walk. Absolutely not. Do I make wrong choices? Every day.

But, despite of all of it, my God loves me, forgives me and allows me to start fresh every single time I turn back and surrender myself to Him. It can seem so difficult, and yet, the funny thing is that it's the simplest and most fundamental thing we can do as humans. It's how God created us to live.

If you haven't seen the movie yet, I highly encourage you to grab your spouse, grab a friend or even go by yourself (I did.) Just be sure to grab some tissue! Oh, and be ready to laugh, there are some really, really funny parts in the movie. :-)

Before you go, check out this five minute clip with Kirk Cameron where he talks about the movie as well as how he chose to honor his (real) wife, Chelsea Noble, during the filming. I love that he chose to raise the standards of integrity that much higher!

Praying that God shows you His sweet love today in an unexpected (but deep) way. Keep LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

With joy,

2 comments:

carla stewart said...

Hi Amy Jo,
What an incredible family you have. Thanks for stopping by my web. George and Ashley have been a delight to work with. I'm glad you liked the writing links. God bless you in your writing.

Tasha Via said...

I CANNOT wait to see this movie!! Me and Josh saw the preview and KNEW it was a MUST SEE!