Wednesday, October 15, 2008

the gifts of rain


As I was driving towards Portland last week, I saw the most beautiful thing. The rain stopped, the clouds parted and a tiny rainbow appeared. Aside from when I was in Hawaii, I have never seen a rainbow quite so unique.

If you look real close, you can see it in the center of the pictures. (Yes, I was driving down the highway when I took these pics. So glad they turned out. Right after I snapped the shots, the clouds moved and the rainbow disappeared.)

Just like the sunrise I wrote about a few weeks ago, I felt like this was a gift from God. A peak of something beautiful in the midst of a storm. A reminder that although things may be tough, God is always with me and has blessings to shower upon me even in the midst of the trials.

Praying God reveals Himself to you in a vivid and colorful way today which encourages you to press on and enjoy LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

No comments: