Thursday, October 23, 2008

along my drive

And to think I was dreading the end of Summer! :-) This afternoon, we took Sara to her dance class. As we pulled out of our neighborhood, I was stunned by God's handiwork.

On the drive home, I pulled out my pocket camera and started snapping pics of some of my favorite views.

This is my all time favorite street to drive down. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, the trees that line either side of the road are spectacular. And of course, it doesn't hurt that it leads to our favorite new library.


Isn't it gorgeous? It's especially fun to drive through when the leaves start falling.


There are a few ponds near the library that have fountains. Unfortunately, my oldest has a bird and duck phobia...so we enjoy the beauty from the safety of our car. ;-)


A few years ago we moved out of suburbia and bought a smaller house. (We tend to go against the grain in most areas.) This adds a good 1/2 hour to all of our errands, classes and shopping trips, BUT the highlight is all of the amazing scenery along the way. The is the view as I drove over a hill. It's especially nice at sunset.


These are Chelsea's favorite shade of trees (above.)

A golf course along the way home. Love the red and gold trees!

Yes, one of the drawbacks of living surrounded by farmland is that it's impossible to keep the windshield clean. But if you ignore all the yuck on my windshield (sorry), you can see the beautiful green hills I drive the LONG way home to be able to enjoy. Aren't they gorgeous? We have several wineries and lots of nurseries out here.


This question comes from the dairy farmers of Oregon. :-)

There's something about seeing soil being prepared for planting that makes me smile.

So there it is, my long, but beautiful drive home. Isn't God amazing?

Just another way that choosing hard leads to LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

Hope you're enjoy yours,

5 comments:

Charlene said...

I HAVE got to come visit you! How beautiful! God is amazing! We don't get the changing of the leaves here...

Can we say "flat?" That's what everything is here, flat!

Luanne said...

Thanks for taking me on a drive with you!!! Can there be a happier place to drive than the library?? I think not! I love the farm land, Got Milk? sign--being a cheesehead and dairy farmer's daughter! God bless!

Our family: said...

Hi Amy,

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog! Blogging is fairly new for me. (I leave most of it to my daughters.) I have been following adoption blogs that Sarah shared with me when we started our paper work in September '07. I read some of your posts about your adoption story and was so touched and amazed by it. God is so good!

I am praying that our little one will come soon!

Blessings,
Lydia

P.S. I am so jealous of your beautiful autumn photos! Unfortunately we only have two seasons where we live. Oh, I love Whole Foods too!

Imperfect said...

I love the beautiful drive you get to have! If only mine was as fantastic...we live smack in the middle of a pretty big city. It's all buildings, houses and cars. I'm learning to find the beauty here too, but I sure do miss open space!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

i especially loved that golf course photo...gorgeous!! :))

thanks for stopping by my blog today. :))