Sunday, September 7, 2008

a new year

We started homeschooling again on Tuesday. The four of us have all been working very hard. I am so proud of my kids and their desire to learn. I feel so blessed that they want to stay home with me. Even more amazing is that the kids were begging me since August to let them start doing school again. :-)

Our theme this year is "honor" (God, parents, siblings, friends, & neighbors.) There have been lots of bumps in regard to honor (or lack thereof) this past week on all of our parts...so we have a ways to go. But, I trust that God will meet our desire to bless Him in our actions, attitudes and words towards each other. Definitely a process. :-)

Here are some pics from our first week:

teacher


eager

alphabet

focus
puzzled

numbers

devotions

writing

I am humbled and energized by my job (ok, exhausted, as well!) . I never would have imagined that I would be a homeschooling mom, but God did. I've recognized these past few weeks how He has both equipped and prepared me "for such a time as this." Yes, we still struggle (every day); and yes, I pray daily (every other minute) for patience, focus, wisdom, and strength. But I have to say that I really, truly love this life that God has blessed me with.

For all of you with school-aged children (whether at home, in public or private school), I pray that this will be an amazing year for them. I pray that God will help you carve out time to relax and have fun as a family. I pray that God will give you energy as you support them in their schooling and extracurricular activities. I pray that God would bless them with amazing teachers and good friends. I pray that they will be protected (body, mind, heart & soul). I pray that God would give them focus when they study - and especially when they do homework! I pray that God will fill their hearts with a passion to know and serve Him and that He would help them to dream BIG. I pray that you, your children and your family would fully enjoy LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

With joy & grace,


2 comments:

Tonya said...

WOW!!! You are so organized!!! I'm so impressed, and I think you are doing an amazing job. I'm so thankful you are obedient to God's call to homeschool!!

I'll be praying for you.

Tonya

Becki party of 5 said...

I love the pictures, and now I can imagine you all in your school day!
Thank you for that beautiful prayer at the end. I know it is very heartfelt coming from you, so it means a LOT to me!
love ya!