Saturday, September 27, 2008

music & burdens


Hope ya'll are enjoying a relaxing Saturday! We've got the sickness in the house, so we're laying low today. Although we did enjoy getting together with some of our good friends that we haven't seen in quite awhile last night. (One of the families just survived the hurricane in Houston. Ugh. Praying for all those who are working through the loss and damage that occurred. I can't even imagine.)

Anyhow, we had some pizza and tried to catch up on lost time while the seven kiddos went crazy around us. Good times!

So, on a fun note, I added some of my favorite music with a playlist...if you're interested in giving a listen, you can scroll down to the bottom of my blog. Two of my favorites are Esterlyn and Lindsey Kane.

Esterlyn is named after one of my beautiful "nieces" from China. My close friend, Sarah's, brother Luke is the lead singer. They are currently touring with Kutless. They have amazing hearts for the Lord and appeal especially to the teens & twenty-somethings. Sarah's family is waiting to bring home Hudson from China. Unfortunately, he's in one of the orphanages that was using the tainted baby formula. Please pray for his health and his new family's peace of mind.

Lindsey Kane is one of my other favorites. I was blessed to enjoy worshiping with her at She Speaks in June. Her latest CD is spectacular. I loved it so much I brought home copies for some friends. Be sure to check out her website when you have some spare time.

OK, so I'm realizing that I was planning on making this a light post, but you know, while I love to have fun, my heart is still burdened for those sweet children in China. Please keep praying!!!

Hope you enjoy the music, but even more, I pray that you are LIVING A BLESSED LIFE, enjoying the amazing joys and pushing through the inevitable challenging times.

With love,

4 comments:

XYXYmom (Tara) said...

Girl, I just want to say I love you and miss you. I'm listening to Gabriel's Oboe. I've never listened to Yo-Yo Ma before and this is absolutely breathtaking. It's making me a little teary. I'll be praying for the burdens you listed.
Love you, T

Joy Portis said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon. It's always nice to have a nice Saturday on the couch though. Emme has a mild cold (sneezing and runny nose) and she has been so still the last 2 days and while I want her to feel great, it has been nice to have her sit and cuddle for a change!

Thanks for the music....Love it!

Kim Kasch said...

With a name like Luke, who wouldn't like his music? (That's my middle son's name ;-)

I will definitely say a few prayers for Hudson.

Thanks for popping by my blog now and then.

strandfam said...

Amy, glad you are enjoying Esterlyn! Thanks for your FAITHFUL prayers for little Hudson!

love you, Sarah