Saturday, September 20, 2008

lessons learned

As my husband carried my luggage out to the car, he said, "This is all you're bringing? Wow! Great job!" Inside I felt a deep sense of joy.

As my friends helped me load my small (yes, I did say SMALL!) suitcase into their car at the airport, one of them remarked, "You pack light!"

As my friend's husband offered to carry my suitcase upstairs, he asked, "Is this it? Boy, you pack light!"

This is a far cry from the last trip I took back in June (see: "blessings & burdens) . And funny enough, my suitcase was half the size of the suitcase I had taken to Charlotte, NC. And this time, my suitcase was actually packed for two of us!

Here's a picture of my traveling buddies :-) Sara and her Chinese talking doll, Ling-Ling!

I am SO glad that I packed light this time, because the blessings the Lord deposited within both us us during the weekend were huge. Sara was able to meet 3 of her "sisters Chinese" that she had only seen pictures of and be reunited with one. I was THRILLED to finally be able to HUG 4 of my precious Chatty Girls after bonding with them online for the past 2 years (only one of whom I traveled with in China).

There's so much more to share, but for now, I'm rejoicing in FINALLY getting victory over my need to carry way too much baggage (both physically and spiritually). For this, I am LIVING A BLESSED LIFE! It's such an exhilarating feeling; I desperately long to share it with the world. :-) If you've been weighed down with worry, stress, fear, or pain, I pray that God will give you the courage to lay down your burdens, so that you can in turn, be able to receive the many, many beautiful and abundant blessings He has for you.

With love & grace,

No comments: