Wednesday, September 10, 2008

especially sweet love

This morning my youngest had a really hard time behaving. We were half-way through with our morning worship/devotion time and she was quickly falling apart. I asked her to sit quietly next to me, which immediately prompted loud screams (and I do mean LOUD). This time, however, rather than continue to wail, she found an alternative that worked well for both of us.

She climbed up onto my lap, threw her arms around my next and snuggled in CLOSE. Now, in order to fully appreciate this, you have to understand that Sara's history of loss and trauma have result in a phobia of being too close (especially hugs not on her terms.) So, when she decided to give me the bear hug of a life time, I soaked in every single minute of it and asked Liam to turn on another worship song.

Love is sweet. Something to cherish and soak up. Sometimes we get to busy or focused to really take it in. I'm so thankful that today, my precious girl opted to reach out in trust and receive what she really needed. Love. Pure. Sweet. LOVE.

I pray that today you are able to soak up the love of those around you and fully enjoy LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

3 comments:

Becki party of 5 said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up with your blog...
but Amy, I know how much that hug meant to you. I have goosebumps just thinking about it. No one could count the cost of that hug like YOU could......and it was worth every minute of every day since November 20, 2006. GOD IS GOOD!!

Joy Portis said...

I pray you both get to experience that wonderful love with each other over and over. What a special time, I can feel the love as you describe the moment and it makes me want to go wake my kids and get one now. What a precious breakthrough for sweet Sara and her faithful and precious mom!

Charlene said...

Oh, Amy, how wonderful! That is amazing. I love those moments. My precious princess has been saying all week "you wanna snuggle? now?" It is enough to just make your heart burst. Savor these moments.