Tuesday, September 23, 2008

awesome God

This morning during my prayer time, I asked God to give me a deeper revelation of His love for me. (Intellectually, I "know" His love, and yet my heart is still trying to fully grasp and receive that His love is unconditional and limitless for ME. I'm learning, slowly. And, so this morning, I boldly asked Him for MORE.)

I am continually awed by the way God answers my prayers. I'm not sure why, but I usually try to anticipate what I think I need and ask Him for that. What I'm finding, is that God's ways are most definitely far beyond my ways. While He does meet my needs, He does so in ways that leave me stunned. What an awesome God we serve! Funny enough, my Scripture verse for the day was Matthew 6:8 "...your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." Wow.

As I started my morning workout, a bright light caught my eye. The sun was just starting to rise and the darkness was beginning to melt away. The sky was spectacular! I couldn't help but grab my camera and try to capture the amazing sunrise appearing at the end of my street. I quickly decided that working out INSIDE, while something so breathtaking was happening OUTSIDE, was just plain ridiculous.

So, I grabbed my sweatshirt (it was chilly today!) and clicked to my favorite CD by "Pocket Full of Rocks" on my MP3 and hit the pavement. I eventually ended up at the baseball field at the high school down the street and finished my aerobics workout there. (I'm sure a few of my neighbors got a good laugh at what I was doing; but truly, I was far too caught up in absorbing the beauty and depth of my Creator's incredible love for me.

The dark clouds you see in the picture began to lighten up and were laced with pink. The sky itself actually looked like the Pacific Ocean when a pink sunset is reflecting off of it. I wish I had thought to bring my camera with me, but the image is forever burned in my mind. And, even better, God's priceless love for me is burned deeper into my heart.

Have you ever seen the movie City of Angels? I love the scene where all of the angels stand on the beach at sunrise and worship God together. Can you just imagine what the scene looks like in reality? Today I felt surrounded by all of God's creation standing in awe of Him and humbled by His amazing love.

I pray that God gives YOU a deeper revelation of His love for you, my Friend. I know that we get busy with the details of our days; but, I pray that you are able to find a quiet moment in the midst of the chaos and just soak up His amazing and abundant love for you! Remember it comes in ways you may not be expecting it, so keep your eyes (and heart) open.

It's truly mindblowing to be LIVING A BLESSED LIFE!

No comments: