Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm it!?!

Hey Friends,

I've been tagged! I am being tagged by Tara at http://tabletwenty.blogspot.com/ Tara is one of my treasured wildflowers. Not only is Tara beautiful, but she has an absolutely hysterical sense of humor (the kind where you have to beg her to stop or go buy Depends!) and is an amazing communicator. Tara reads A LOT and shares her book reviews on her blog. Be sure to scan back to her June 26th post about She Speaks. She's an amazing woman!

O.K. Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you (see above)
2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
4) Tag 7* people at the end of your post and link to them (*I just changed this rule!)
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (Go! Hurry!)
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up (Love you, Tara!)

Six Random Things about me...
1) I initiated a new law in Oregon that helps protect child abuse victims from their perpetrator. The law passed in 2005! (God is SO good!!!)

2) My daughter, Chelsea, and I were blessed to be able to spend 3 days in Louisiana with the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition design team (Ty, Paige, Paulie, Eduardo, & Preston). The highlight was hanging out on "the bus" while we watched Leslie tour her new home. (A HUGE miracle from God!)

***I share the above two to encourage others to know that God can work BIG miracles through us if we (a) ASK (b) BELIEVE that He can answer and (c) ACT when He shows us/tells us what to do. Stepping out in faith is HUGE. I still have a lot to learn in this area, but God really blew my socks off when He brought about our trip to LA and gave me the necessary contacts in the Senate to get a bill drafted in the first place. I'm tellin' ya, He's a BIG, BIG GOD and He loves to shower us with His abundant blessings!!!***

3) I start my day with a big mug of French Roasted coffee brewed in a French Press mixed with Hazelnut flavored Coffee Creamer and a teeny-tiny bit of Nu-Stevia AND my Bible. (And yes, I do speak a bit of French...took 3 years in High School...does this count as #4? I'm struggling to come up with these! Je t'aime, mes amis...is that right?!? Eek, it's been too long!)

4) I have a friend who once used a bottle of hotel hair conditioner all over her body thinking it was lotion. (TONYA - Can't wait for your new blog! I wanted to tag you ;-) This story has GOT to be included in one of your first posts!!! If not, Tara can do an awesome impersonation of you and your lotion catastrophe...and by the way, for those of you wondering how this could happen...the real lotion was GREEN...coulda happened to any of us!!! T, I'm sending you love!)

5) My favorite kind of shoes are flip-flops...just wish I could wear them 365! (Rainy Oregon days kind of ruin the flip-flop-fun. Boo-hoo.)

***OK, had to include some fun random things as well - because I LOVE to laugh.***

6) Some of my personal goals (dreams) are to: to publish at least one book sharing about some of the amazing things God has done in my life; play the violin; learn to swim (with my face in the water and without fear); be in good enough shape to run long-distance; travel to Africa (once to adopt and at least once for a mission), France & Italy; and downhill ski (again! Haven't been since I was 15.) Some of these are are pretty huge, but I have a big God, so I'm dreaming BIG!!! (And no, I'm not going add a 7th stating the obvious fact that I love words and can take a simple exercise and make it R E A L L Y LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! Tee hee...oops, don't stop reading, there's more fun below:)

I am tagging...
1) Becki at http://www.2china4addison.blogspot.com/ One of my beautiful Chatty Girls...we finally met face-to-face flying over the Pacific Ocean on our way to China. Two weeks later, we landed in Hong Kong with our new Chinese daughters!!! (Love ya, Becki!)

2) Shelley at http://wildnoodles.blogspot.com/ Another one of my beautiful Chatty Girls...Shelley's blog about her first adoption journey to China (and Precious Aly) inspired me to put in our own application! Although we haven't met in person, I've talked to my sweet friend on the phone and chatted lots online with her! (Hugs, Shelley!)

3) Spring at http://princessandtheking.blogspot.com/ Don't you just love the name of her blog? I met Spring at She Speaks and we are now in a writer's critique group together. (Spring, I've been anticipating your next post...thought this might inspire you to write another! Grin.)

4) Emily at http://www.andthentherewereseven.blogspot.com/ Emily is my beautiful Chatty Girl Pam's daughter! While we didn't get to travel to China together, our lives have been tightly knit together over the past couple of years. I was blessed to meet Pam, Emily & AnnaClaire during my recent trip to North Carolina! They introduced me to sweet tea at Chic-Fil-A's. Yum. Emily just returned home from an amazing mission trip to Romania. She has a beautiful heart and is a very talented writer and photographer! (Hugs to you & your fam, Em!)

5) Charlene at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/miracleofthemoment Another one of my beautiful Chatty Girls...we met face-to-face for the first time in Beijing. We are both blessed to have Chinese daughters and homeschool our precious kiddos. (We also have another cool connection that I can't post about quite yet...it's in the process! Hugs, Charlene!)

6) Robin at http://robin-robinznest.blogspot.com/ Another new friend in my Called2Write group. Somehow she's old enough to be a Grandma. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you more, Robin! You have a great gift of writing and such a sweet, sweet spirit about you! :-)

7) Sonya at http://truth4thejourney.blogspot.com/ Also from my Called2Write group. In addition to our passion for writing, we both have daughters whom God has grafted into our families. (Sending blessings to you, Sonya!)

Oh, man! I already tagged seven?!? (Yes, I changed the rule. I was kinda bothered by having three 6's. I'm not superstitious, just don't like THAT number. Seven is much better! And, hey, I got to add in another precious friend! Call me a cheater, but it works for me!) O.K., I've never done this before, but I have to say, this is actually kinda fun (and a tad bit unnerving!). Wish I could have tagged more of my bloggin' friends...but I'll have to leave that fun to the rest'o'you!

Playing tag with my Sistas...what better way to be LIVING A BLESSED LIFE?!?

10 comments:

Truth4thejourney said...

Hi Amy Jo,

Ok, It is official, I've posted and listed my six things and tagged six people. This was fun. Thanks for including me. :)

Truth4thejourney said...

I've come back to post on your six fun facts.

Number one is great! Are you into politics?

Number two, what an exciting event! How did that occur? Is Ty as energetic off camera as he is on camera? Were you on TV or offset?

Great facts, now I know a little more about you. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn said...

What fun this is to read about. I love reading your stories about how God has worked in your life. I wish I could see more clearly like you. I pray a lot for God to show me things, but alas, I am afraid I am not very good at seeing them!!! So, I do enjoy hearing your stories.
Thanks for sharing... great blog entry!!
Love you
Dawn

Tonya said...

I love the tagged blog. My conditioner/lotion story made me laugh out loud, and I needed it this Monday morning. Work was crazy last week, and it will be this week, too. I leave on Sunday for children's camp. I will be in San Francisco this week to visit wm.com.

I sent my blog information to the lady who set up the Prov 31 blogs. I am on her list. At least I have a verse and tag line.

Must get back to work. Thanks for making me laugh today!!

Tonya

XYXYmom (Tara) said...

I laughed too!! I sure love you, girl! God can do alot in three days: resurrect his son to save the world, bring three strangers together and make life-long friends... What next?
Tonya, seriously, I cannot WAIT to see your blog and to see you speak. That lotion story is HILARIOUS!!
Love you both,
Tara

Amy Jo said...

Sonya - Thanks for your comments and questions. :-) I love interracting like this. So fun. OK, let's see. No, I'm not in politics. The little taste I had of what goes on behind closed doors was more than I could bear on a daily basis. I am SO thankful for the men and women who DO serve us (with integrity) in the government! The law came about through a very devastating personal experience and was one of the many ways that God redeemed the situation.

Funny enough, Ty is actual quite the opposite off camera, pretty calm & quiet. A nice guy! The entire desing team are really great people and very down-to-earth. They made us feel so special. My daughter was filmed with Paige, but it didn't make the show. At the very end, you can see a silouhette of us in the dark. Kinda funny! The memories are definitely there for both of us though. God's love is so beautiful!

I loved reading your six as well!

Blessings,
Amy

Amy Jo said...

Beautiful Dawn, thank you for your post, Sweet Friend! How I love you!!! You know, I honestly have to say that my ability to see God's hand has only come through some very, very painful experiences and truly is simply God's grace and mercy upon me. That said, I wouldn't wish the hard times on anyone, but I WILl be praying for God to give you eyes to see yourself and His fingerprints that are all over your life more clearly. They are there, Sunshine! Although we haven't met in person, I see them in your words and smile! I'm praying!!! Love you, DD! - Amy

Amy Jo said...

T&T - Thanks for both of your comments. I am seriously STILL chuckling outloud when I remember seeing your black stained hands and hearing your conditioner story...and then of course, Tara impersonating you. Oh my! Glad you got a good laugh today! I'm praying for you this week...and am so excited to see your new blog! Yahoo! Love you both! - Amy

Emily said...

Just letting you know that I did my post of my random stuff :) Thanks for tagging me

Jeanette said...

Hi Amy Jo! Thanks for your comment on my blog...it's nice to "meet" you! I enjoyed reading your random things about yourself AND I really enjoyed your post about the She Speaks conference. Did you attend the one in Charlotte? I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog!